Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I use a wire brush on my cylinders too. I like that look. If you use a brass brush it gives the aluminum a bit of a gold tinge.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Why not try to get a used aluminium one. hear is a ESR, it used to be powder coated candy blue....But ow well..
If you took some time to polish this up it would be really shinny... I like the brushed aluminum look personally.
Whatever you decide ,best of luck with your R!!
I'm saving my money for RTC shrouds, I finally got the # of the guy that makes them, and I WILL have those in my possession, because some people make me jealous because I love the way they look lol

·
Registered
409 Posts
RTG just came out with some new additions,he’s making the radiator shrouds and louvers in black now also a “special edition “ version in black with raw aluminum accents.i just ordered a set of the SE louvers..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
RTG just came out with some new additions,he’s making the radiator shrouds and louvers in black now also a “special edition “ version in black with raw aluminum accents.i just ordered a set of the SE louvers..
Yeah, he told me about those, I'm more of a chrome person, I love my shiny

·
Registered
12,977 Posts
My kick start is fine, i just want to make it shiny lol, im just wondering, if i can just use paint stripper, sand it, then polish it with a buffing wheel and mothers polish, or do i have to use paint stripper and a wire wheel?
Wire wheel cleanup, send it to be Triple Chromed; will look great and hold the Chrome Mirror Look.

If going with any Aluminum Kick Starter; try not to Powder Coat. Aluminum weakens Significantly when PC'd. The PC Heat negates the Temper of the Aluminum as much as 50%. Best to Anodize, Paint or leave as natural Billet Aluminum.

Carlos

21 - 27 of 27 Posts