Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
So at $100 shipped rear fender would cost the same shipped to his door as what you wanted picked up from your place?
Eh I guess it just depends on location and what service is used, I am sure shipping something from OH to MI is not crazy bad even if its large, there is a huge UPS sorting hub center in Maumee Ohio that I get things from all the time for my business (Huge rolls of bubble wrap, etc). CA to MI is going to be different but depending on how its boxed it could be shipped FedEx Home or SmartPost, USPS Parcel Select...there is a handful of options when it comes to shipping. I ship car parts out every single day to all over the US and use every service available. I wish DHL still shipped in the USA, they had the most awesome prices back in the day. Gas $$$ however in a F-150 crew cab that gets 16-17mpg from Detroit to Ashtabula, not gonna be cheap, probably $80 in gas + the tolls and a bunch of my time.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
my honda civic gets 40mpg+ but shiping prices for some with an account is a lot cheeper than just the average guy shipping stuff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If anyone has a rear OEM red fender with no cracks and are willing to ship please let me know, I am still interested in buying one. I can provide a pre-paid shipping label if the fender is boxed up, just provide weight and box measurements so we can figure out the best shipping provider/price.

Steve

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have used greyhound to ship large boxes such as a frame as well as fenders and it came out the cheapest.there just needs to be a bus depot nearby,they use the cargo holds of the passenger buses.You can figure out the pricing online ..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have used greyhound to ship large boxes such as a frame as well as fenders and it came out the cheapest.there just needs to be a bus depot nearby,they use the cargo holds of the passenger buses.You can figure out the pricing online ..
I ship large packages everyday, it all depends on the location and the service used. It can be done and priced fairly with normal couriers like fedex (there newer "home" option) or USPS parcel select, it just depends on location.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Still on the lookout for a stock 88 rear fender with no cracks. I don't want one covered in stickers or looks orange or racecut aka worthless. When I offer to pay asking price + shipping but want you to remove all the BS stickers possibly hiding cracks, maybe we can make a transaction happen.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Still on the lookout for a stock 88 rear fender with no cracks. I don't want one covered in stickers or looks orange or racecut aka worthless. When I offer to pay asking price + shipping but want you to remove all the BS stickers possibly hiding cracks, maybe we can make a transaction happen.
i don't want to remove stickers because some like them on and don't feel like taking the time to do it.go buy new maier if you want some with no graphics on them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i don't want to remove stickers because some like them on and don't feel like taking the time to do it.go buy new maier if you want some with no graphics on them.
I don't want stickers advertising products I do not have, let alone want them on a bike that is very close to OEM and could be in a magazine. I do not need your input on how to replace plastics. I simply asked you if you could remove all the stickers before we made the $350 + shipping sale and you refused and once again brought up shipping when I told you beforehand I would pay for shipping and even provide a pre-paid label, its almost like you were trying to make me feel foolish. Just stop please.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
and i dont care if you buy them or not.go buy maier for $300.im not going to waste my time taking decals off because they don't bother me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I do not want full aftermarket plastics since my OEM's are in excellent used shape; less the cracked rear fender which something fell on it while in storage like I explained previously. I already have a full set of OEM replica graphics for the 88 model to replace the old peeling stickers but I am waiting to put everything on until I find a very nice used rear fender first. I do not need advice on where to buy aftermarket fenders or require an explanation of why you are refusing to remove stickers because you seem to think someone will "like them". I have an entire book of stickers from all the products purchased over the years that came with many of my machines, they go right in the book binder since I am not a racer like you and not paid for/endorsed with advertising, I hope you understand. I offered to pay you what you wanted, I just asked you to remove the stickers. If its a no-go, then this is where we can stop arguing back and fourth. Take care.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Try dale quarton he’s on eBay and Facebook “the dirt factory”he’s in California and parts out a lot of clean machines.His prices are fair,I’ve bought a frame and some other items from him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
seen a set of facebook $1500 buy those.
I also saw a guy on facebook within my area asking 5 grand for new OEM fenders he stuffed away in his moms basement for 30 years; He had OEM 88 red and 89 white plastics, I aint a sucker bro and that guy should be taken out back and beaten with an old garden hose, guys like that can go ahead and get bent. I joined a few groups already on facebook with way more people online than on here and will probably stumble upon one in time and I wont have to deal with a troll who seems to comment on every single fricken post on this forum. Take a walk dude. I do appreciate Action69's comments though he seems reasonable.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts