Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had works shocks since the late 90's and I was wanting front shocks with a compression setting. I found a great deal on Ebay for a set of works piggyback shocks that needed seals. I already have a couple sets of seals for them. So I took them apart and found that instead of a bladder they have a piston. My concern is how do I fill these things with oil. Do I have to set the piston depth on them? If a anyone has experience with the procedure I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WORKS is still in business, the daughter took over. the basic process is the same for all shocks. release the nitrogen, disassemble shock, clean, replace seals, re-assemble. fill the shock with oil and SLOWLY work the piston up and down to get the air out of the shock, have the shock full extended to minimize adding air to the oil. Typically you fill the reservoir to the top, then install the piston or bladder so that the oil overflows which is ensuring that there is no space left for air. piggy back shocks from what I have seen have a piston, if there is a hose with remote reservoir, those have bladders. Watch some youtube vids on various shocks, they are all pretty much the same. Newer Ohlins seem more complicated with the extra parts but again, the basic process is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts