Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly, up until the recent PSI 425 thread, I had never heard of one. So, I am here to ask what is so great about a PSI 425? Carlos suggested they are collectible, so are they desirable because they are rare? Of all the big bore/big horsepower threads I’ve seen on here I’ve not seen a PSI 425 mentioned.

How do they compare to other big bore motors?

·
Registered
454 Posts
me. they dont run fast. no parts. 4 collector only. sure carlos knows lot more.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
me. they dont run fast. no parts. 4 collector only. sure carlos knows lot more.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True....:)

Admittedly, up until the recent PSI 425 thread, I had never heard of one. So, I am here to ask what is so great about a PSI 425? Carlos suggested they are collectible, so are they desirable because they are rare? Of all the big bore/big horsepower threads I’ve seen on here I’ve not seen a PSI 425 mentioned.

How do they compare to other big bore motors?
Really nice Cylinders, PSI was a step outside the box, with both cylinder & head design back in the day. Did they ever perform to expectation? I would say no, most have issues, and performance never seemed to be ‘what it could be or should be’.

Modern day CP Industry, ESR or ProX as well as well ported & setup OEM cylinders & engines will outrun PSI engines.

IMO they make awesome collectors or display units; I know a few collectors that have PSI Engines, Cylinders and Heads, some new in boxes….never see them running anymore, just good conversation pieces.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts