Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch has been a really big pain ever since my dad has had it, and hes the 2nd owner, i have tried putting on a different lever to see if it helps, but it doesnt seen to make a difference my uncles is still on the stiffer side but compared to mine it feeos like butter eveytime i compare his to mine (his is an 86 and mine is an 88)does anyone know what i can do to help this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
My 88 is hard to pull as well. I just blame my cheapo lever, since it’s all new with Hinson basket. I have asv on my other quads. I think they are the only way to go. Seems they lesson pull by a couple pounds with a properly lubed cable. Might be time for a rebuild and a basket or service. Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 88 is hard to pull as well. I just blame my cheapo lever, since it’s all new with Hinson basket. I have asv on my other quads. I think they are the only way to go. Seems they lesson pull by a couple pounds with a properly lubed cable. Might be time for a rebuild and a basket or service. Good luck
Huh, yknow, it hasnt had a clutch change or clutch rebuild in about 15yrs, im pretty dumb for not thinking about that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cable or basket grooved.
Im just gonna replace the whole thing, i feel like 15 years is good enough tine to replace it all, its not like it slips or anything, i just think its been a really long time since its replaced and it probably deserves some love, or clutches will last forever if you know how to ride, idk🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
My clutch has been a really big pain ever since my dad has had it, and hes the 2nd owner, i have tried putting on a different lever to see if it helps, but it doesnt seen to make a difference my uncles is still on the stiffer side but compared to mine it feeos like butter eveytime i compare his to mine (his is an 86 and mine is an 88)does anyone know what i can do to help this?
Im just gonna replace the whole thing, i feel like 15 years is good enough tine to replace it all, its not like it slips or anything, i just think its been a really long time since its replaced and it probably deserves some love, or clutches will last forever if you know how to ride, idk🤷‍♂️
Obviously check Basket for excess groves, worn plate ears, replace or clean/grease cable, ect...:)

You may want to Look into the Moose "Leverage" Clutch Lever; allows adjustments to be made to ease clutch pull.

Carlos

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obviously check Basket for excess groves, worn plate ears, replace or clean/grease cable, ect...:)

You may want to Look into the Moose "Leverage" Clutch Lever; allows adjustments to be made to ease clutch pull.

Carlos
I'll check that out, I'm really hoping it helps, I'm going to save my money for some RTC shrouds, a new bumper, and a whole clutch replacement, seeing as it hasn't had clutch maintenance in about 15 yrs

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
I'll check that out, I'm really hoping it helps, I'm going to save my money for some RTC shrouds, a new bumper, and a whole clutch replacement, seeing as it hasn't had clutch maintenance in about 15 yrs
IMO they work, have installed a few over the years for customers. Everyone likes the easier pull...:)

Carlos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts