Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be refinishing the hood once snow flies and figure I might paint the tank also. Jus wondering what you guys think. Blue, white or leave it. I'm thinking blue. If anybody has the same set up would like to see some pics. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work at a body shop so it would be done right. Not rattlecan style. Don't know why some vapors out of the cap would make it lift.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I like the look of red hood and tank with blue seat. Its how the avatar <--- is set up, not that you can tell. LOL

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
there is no paint that will hold up on the tank.gas vapors leaking out of the tank will lift ruin it.
Correct....!

I work at a body shop so it would be done right. Not rattlecan style. Don't know why some vapors out of the cap would make it lift.
It's not the "vapors" out of the "cap"; it's the vapors leaching through the plastic tank underneath the painted surface...cause paint to blister & lift.

Carlos

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had that same problem with a custom painted metal tank done by a professional custom bike painter.I believe he even applied an epoxy or some other type of sealant around the gas cap ring but it eventually wears down,I think it would happen even faster on plastic.Just my opinion and past experience..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll just look for a different tank, instead of wasting my time painting and being disappointed later.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Depending on what tank you have ,fourwerx makes a carbon fiber cover for an oversized tank but that will cost you close to what a new tank would..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fourwerx parts are real carbon fiber and resin but occasionally they put out products in red not sure if I’ve ever seen them do blue.If your not into the carbon getting a new tank would be the same price.Im not sure if maier makes a tank cover for ims or oversized tanks,maybe someone else can confirm?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts