Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a little while for a trx. Really want it like complete but i want it trashed or blown because I want to rebuild it how I want it and I want it for a good price. Where does everyone find there deals? Is there a certain method? all the listings on here seem to be old. Located in California.

·
Registered
1986 250R
235 Posts
They are getting a little more rare these days, but you will probably have to find one out of state. I’m located in NJ but had one shipped in from Michigan. This was all before the prices skyrocketed and gouging started, so I got lucky to find a good project for rebuilding.
Between the forums, eBay and marketplace, you should be able to find something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are getting a little more rare these days, but you will probably have to find one out of state. I’m located in NJ but had one shipped in from Michigan. This was all before the prices skyrocketed and gouging started, so I got lucky to find a good project for rebuilding.
Between the forums, eBay and marketplace, you should be able to find something.

Is there any like websites that are good. I am in California so supposedly all of the 250rs are here but not sure.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sadly trashed & blown up R's are going for what you would have paid for a nice rider just 3 years ago. You'd be better off spending the money up front on a nice one & than changing it to how you want it because like kelmx147 said prices have skyrocketed. With a basket case you'll end up putting a whole lot more into getting it going than you'll pay for a nice one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadly trashed & blown up R's are going for what you would have paid for a nice rider just 3 years ago. You'd be better off spending the money up front on a nice one & than changing it to how you want it because like kelmx147 said prices have skyrocketed. With a basket case you'll end up putting a whole lot more into getting it going than you'll pay for a nice one.
Yeah that sucks but do you know anyone that would have a trashed one?

·
Registered
1986 250R
235 Posts
I don’t have Facebook so apologize if it doesn’t link but this o e is pretty nice and the price isn’t too bad. However it’s in NY state

Talking myself out of buying lol

·
Super Moderator
783 Posts
Like already mentioned, your best bet is Facebook Marketplace and all of the 250R related groups, forums, eBay, Craigslist, and OfferUp. I’m not familiar with OfferUp, but I recall seeing a few people post in the FB groups that use it in CA.

You have to constantly be on the hunt, refreshing your searches, etc. If it’s a good deal, it won’t last long, so you pretty much have to be the first person to contact them. Also, be prepared, have the cash ready, and be willing to go get it the same day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like already mentioned, your best bet is Facebook Marketplace and all of the 250R related groups, forums, eBay, Craigslist, and OfferUp. I’m not familiar with OfferUp, but I recall seeing a few people post in the FB groups that use it in CA.

You have to constantly be on the hunt, refreshing your searches, etc. If it’s a good deal, it won’t last long, so you pretty much have to be the first person to contact them. Also, be prepared, have the cash ready, and be willing to go get it the same day.
Ok cool

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t have Facebook so apologize if it doesn’t link but this o e is pretty nice and the price isn’t too bad. However it’s in NY state

Talking myself out of buying lol
haha yep

·
Registered
532 Posts

^^^^^^ this right here is how you have to do it...... In 2012 I started checking craigslist & offerup every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day, 365 days a year. 10 years later I still do the same thing every day watching for cheap R's & parts. I know I'm not the only one that does this so you have to be on it if you want to get the deals. I still find them now & than, like recently I got some really nice oem 87 a-arms & swingarm with nice newer chrome, chrome pt hi-rev pipe, stock radiator, stock hubs & spindles all for $200 & it was even in my home town so I only drove 10 miles round trip to get them. The listing was less than an hour old when I saw it. If you want to find the deals you have to check constantly because it will be the only way that you can beat others to the deal since some of us are always watching like a hawk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^^^^ this right here is how you have to do it...... In 2012 I started checking craigslist & offerup every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day, 365 days a year. 10 years later I still do the same thing every day watching for cheap R's & parts. I know I'm not the only one that does this so you have to be on it if you want to get the deals. I still find them now & than, like recently I got some really nice oem 87 a-arms & swingarm with nice newer chrome, chrome pt hi-rev pipe, stock radiator, stock hubs & spindles all for $200 & it was even in my home town so I only drove 10 miles round trip to get them. The listing was less than an hour old when I saw it. If you want to find the deals you have to check constantly because it will be the only way that you can beat others to the deal since some of us are always watching like a hawk.
yes i check maybe 4 times a day just have been looking like 4 mouths now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Been looking for a little while for a trx. Really want it like complete but i want it trashed or blown because I want to rebuild it how I want it and I want it for a good price. Where does everyone find there deals? Is there a certain method? all the listings on here seem to be old. Located in California.
I have a complete not trashed 86 trx250r. Motor is fresh bored and new piston CT power valve 350. The cases have been rebuilt with all new bearings and seal. New maeir plastic. It's not assembled but I have everything. If want to know more information respond to this and I'll give you more contact information

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a complete not trashed 86 trx250r. Motor is fresh bored and new piston CT power valve 350. The cases have been rebuilt with all new bearings and seal. New maeir plastic. It's not assembled but I have everything. If want to know more information respond to this and I'll give you more contact information
Cool man where are you located.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts