Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to find out what type jug I have I was told it was a 310 but I’m not sure here are some pics I was thinking it was a stock jug with a 310 cylinder in it but not sure the numbers on top of the piston are 33907. And w845p4 any help is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
it's a stock cylinder.not sure about the piston numbers.what bore is it?it could be an oem cylinder with the bb 310 sleeve in it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I googled the numbers on the piston and came up with a 73 mm piston is there a way I can tell if it has Ben ported or is there certain pics I could post up to where one of u guys could tell

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
W845P4 is a Wossner @ 72.95MM aka 73MM

Your cylinder posted is an 86, not 85, or 87-89

It has been re-sleeved with a 292CC sleeve aka 310...it is on it's 2nd to last bore, with the last bore being 73.50MM

Carlos

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
I was just curious if anyone could tell about any porting work from the pics
Can't tell much useful information from pictures, except that it has been ported or 'messed' with...really need to layout & time all ports to see what you really have, and if it's good.

Carlos

·
Registered
876 Posts
dang, that looks like a thick ass sleeve!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know where I might find a good used head to run on this cylinder I’m not sure exactly what I need

·
Registered
84 Posts
dang, that looks like a thick ass sleeve!
The sleeve isn't actually that thick. The top of the sleeve has a flange that makes it look thick.... Has anyone noticed the extra holes on the intake side? Looks like your cylinder has had some extensive work.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
The sleeve isn't actually that thick. The top of the sleeve has a flange that makes it look thick.... Has anyone noticed the extra holes on the intake side? Looks like your cylinder has had some extensive work.
"Extra Holes", "Mickey Mouse Ears"....means very little and most of the time is not a positive IMO. Again; port timing, port angles and flow are what counts.

Carlos

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What would be the best option for a head for the stock cylinder I have with the 310 cylinder in it if I buy a stock head can I get it cut for the 310 and o ringed or would it be cheaper for a kool head or will a kool head even work on my stock cylinder

·
Registered
613 Posts
You can get a stock head for for a 300 on a stock cylinder. O-ringing the head is not ideal. Better to o-ring the cylinder...if the sleeve has enough material around the studs. If it uses the stock flanged studs, it should be avoided. I wouldn't bother with orings in that case.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I remember reading on MacDizzy about drilling holes on the sides of the intake. I would have to go back over and read it again, but it relates to getting a hp increase.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I’ve had couple these setups. One had factory cut head and other had coolhead. Both took gaskets coolhead had cooper head gasket. Had good run time never leaked

1 - 20 of 26 Posts