Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting my motor built top and bottom. i want as smooth a power band as possible. before i broke my case and realized my motor was toast it ran super strong and felt like i was riding a 4 stroke. i dont like a crazy kick you in the gut power band i like it smooth and this is my first rebuild. so i think i have v force reeds (old so dont think theyre 3's) a 68 mm bore and a pro x piston. ct ported the cylinder and LED is relieving the exhaust bridge (dont know what that does so if you know can you tell me what that does) and has a small 23.5 cc dome. should this be a good setup for a smooth power band?

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Evaneyeball:

"relieving the exhaust bridge"..."i want as smooth a power band as possible"..."should this be a good setup for a smooth power band"....???

Really these are questions 'Best' answered by the person/shop doing the build. While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work.

I suggest you call your Builder, tell him what you want & expect back on your build, and ask all the questions you need answered...that will give you a direct connection to your parts, build and builder.

Carlos

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evaneyeball:

"relieving the exhaust bridge"..."i want as smooth a power band as possible"..."should this be a good setup for a smooth power band"....???

Really these are questions 'Best' answered by the person/shop doing the build. While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work.

I suggest you call your Builder, tell him what you want & expect back on your build, and ask all the questions you need answered...that will give you a direct connection to your parts, build and builder.

Carlos
im just looking for another opinion by someone who has run some of these parts

·
Registered
285 Posts
smooth is setup. porting. pipe. no way 2 say what u got-get. listen to the man.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
Generally speaking of you want smooth, you need torque. Good ways to increase torque is by increasing bore size, compression and/or stroke. Port layout and pipe also play a major role.

A few ways to smooth things out is to increase intake tract length, gearing, flywheel weights, carb size, ignition. It has been a long time since I have rode a CT cylinder. The ones I did ride seemed a bit pipey.

Arlan is a good choice. Talk with him about what you want and he will get you to your goals

Best regards
-Jason

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally speaking of you want smooth, you need torque. Good ways to increase torque is by increasing bore size, compression and/or stroke. Port layout and pipe also play a major role.

A few ways to smooth things out is to increase intake tract length, gearing, flywheel weights, carb size, ignition. It has been a long time since I have rode a CT cylinder. The ones I did ride seemed a bit pipey.

Arlan is a good choice. Talk with him about what you want and he will get you to your goals

Best regards
-Jason
thank you jason. this is my first two stroke and i rode a 250ex for a trip realised it didnt have enough power (i hadent ridden a lot in a while) got a 400ex rode it for about 6 months and got a 250r. first bike with any power at all. so i want my first two stroke to not scare me off of ever riding a two stroke.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My boys both ride mildly ported stock cylinders with a fmf fatty pipe and a 38mm airstriker carb. They are 12 and 13. They are able to control the power with no problem at all. Both cylinders are set up at 13.5-1 compression. They have a fairly smooth power band, but still pull very hard. This last summer they were drag racing each other when a Raptor 700 and Yfz450 pulled up to race. Those 4 stroke fellas were pretty embarrassed when they found out that two kids spanked them.
What pipe do you have? The fmf fatty and ESR trx5 pipes are excellent "all around " pipes. They may not get you to max hp for your porting, but they will be smooth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My boys both ride mildly ported stock cylinders with a fmf fatty pipe and a 38mm airstriker carb. They are 12 and 13. They are able to control the power with no problem at all. Both cylinders are set up at 13.5-1 compression. They have a fairly smooth power band, but still pull very hard. This last summer they were drag racing each other when a Raptor 700 and Yfz450 pulled up to race. Those 4 stroke fellas were pretty embarrassed when they found out that two kids spanked them.
What pipe do you have? The fmf fatty and ESR trx5 pipes are excellent "all around " pipes. They may not get you to max hp for your porting, but they will be smooth.
i have pretty much the same set up i have a cr500 38mm carb, a fmf fatty and age is about right too. and if it has a crazy power band im not allowed to keep it

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
It's actually a shame. With all the misinformation being posted by a couple, what I stated above and copied here applies even more; "While you will get answers here, they won't reflect what your builder is doing, and the end results from his work"...

Carlos

·
Registered
80 Posts
The whole purpose of a community forum is to ask questions & get answers from it's members (plural, not just one) that are also into the same thing which is the ATC & TRX 250R. Just because you don't like or agree with our responses doesn't mean you need to keep attacking us for posting & stop assuming we're all idiots. Get over it, we're here to stay. Carry on...

·
Registered
285 Posts
problem is u r idiots. stop posting wrong crap.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

·
Registered
12,761 Posts

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
I wouldn't call anyone "idiots"; I feel misinformed is more appropriate.

The whole purpose of a community forum is to ask questions & get answers from it's members (plural, not just one) that are also into the same thing which is the ATC & TRX 250R. Just because you don't like or agree with our responses doesn't mean you need to keep attacking us for posting & stop assuming we're all idiots. Get over it, we're here to stay. Carry on...
Yes agreed; "The...community forum is to ask questions & get answers from it's members", however; incorrect answers does no one any good. The reason I would not make a direct comment is the questions posed are vague and impossible to answer correctly without a lot more detail of the current cylinder, porting, port timing, head design, volume, pipe, carb, intake, ect...plus; not wanting to step on his builders 'toes'.

As far as "Get over it, we're here to stay"....the 'Trash' was taken out of .NET years ago, a new forum was created by those that could not stop the unfounded attacks towards BDT, that forum has 'crashed and burned', dead as a dead can be, not a surprise for those of us that stayed with .NET over the years.

Now you and your cronies are back, hiding under more alias names...therefore you have 'ZERO' credibility, no significant presence; so the fact is you/"we" are NOT "here to stay", the trash was taken out a long time ago.

Carlos

·
Registered
157 Posts

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
I would say based on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation or lack thereof in your posts, you sir are the prime example of an "idiot". Or for lack of a better term.... a life long customer of bdt.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Carlos nobody is hiding under an alias. Nobody is jealous of you. Nobody is impressed with you (well matuus and American opel are). You are a liar! A cheat! A con! I have had the displeasure of meeting people like you several times in my life. You are a jealous and insecure person that is why you constantly bad mouth and belittle everyone that isn't as delusional as your two followers.
I have always wondered why a guy like you has to behave like such a fool. You could be just like the other builders if you wanted. They are helpful and informative. They are such good people that they don't even badmouth you.
I mentioned to you that Arlen is such a standup guy that he puts porting videos on YouTube so people understand how porting a 250r helps power delivery. You then post a video of adjusting arc play? I still can't figure out if that is a serious video lol. If your clutch components are worn to the point of needing to weld on them, why wouldn't you buy new components? That right there tells me that you don't know what you are doing. That tells me that you do not do any work on 250r's. You are simply a keyboard commando. I would be willing to bet I have done more machine work on 250r's than you could ever dream of doing.
My name is Loren, I am not intimidated by you or jealous of you. I have everything that I want in life.
Trx250r.org is alive and well. How many forms have you been banned from?
Have a great day
Loren

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
norm you are the true defanition of an idiot and dont have a clue on what your talking about.i have nothing bad to sat about any builder but i also do see them ansering any ones questions.i have also ran most of the builders cylinders or against them and i can tell you with true facts and proof carlos's engines he builds and ports are faster.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you have any supportive facts as to why you believe I am an idiot? It seems very odd that Carlos's two main meat puppets are nearly illiterate. I feel bad having a battle of wits with unarmed men......

·
Registered
285 Posts
wit.unarmed. Idiot. illiterate. puppet. ya been working since age 14. been on my own since 16. 3 foster homes. 9 years a grunt. got more metal in me than ur 250r. lost more friends than you will ever have. my sin a bdt customer. few things i know. 1 is u would never disrespect me face to face. u sir r a coward.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well now. If indeed you served this country, I appreciate that. I also respect anyone that deserves it. A coward is also something that I am not... I would love to buy you a beer and listen to you tell me just how badass you are. Just keep in mind friend that with every post you guys kinda prove my point.......

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
You can call me all the names & make up all the stories that you want, I am fine with it, however calling American Opel/Martin & Mattus/Luis the derogatory names is uncalled for as well as childish. The bottom line is you know none of us personally, yet you judge us all as if you did, it is easy to sit behind a keyboard and attack & defame, you've more than proven my point.

AO/Martin is the nicest, down to earth most genuine person you will ever meet, it is an honor to call him a Friend. Matuus is a gentle giant, a real good person, everyone that meets him calls him a friend, I can assure you if you have a "beer" with him, you will know from the time you meet, he is a "badass"...he won't have to say it.

Best to stop attacking both of them, if you have a need to keep embarrassing yourself, "battle of wits" as you described it...step up to the plate, I am ready, willing and able.

Carlos

1 - 20 of 29 Posts