Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Dirt Wheels magazine claimed 71 or 72MPH back in the day. I can tell you I passed a minivan on the highway once 馃槀

Registered
I was 16 when I had my first 85 R after selling my Blaster to a friend to buy the R from another friend and another friends older brother that had his drivers license clocked me on the R going down the shoulder of RT.70 in South NJ at 82mph. I'm not so sure how accurate it was but I was about 130lbs so I guess it's possible. That thing felt like a rocket ship back then and was my first trike lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was 16 when I had my first 85 R after selling my Blaster to a friend to buy the R from another friend and another friends older brother that had his drivers license clocked me on the R going down the shoulder of RT.70 in South NJ at 82mph. I'm not so sure how accurate it was but I was about 130lbs so I guess it's possible. That thing felt like a rocket ship back then and was my first trike lol.
Thats a long chain of friends lol. But damn 82mph thats crazy.

Registered
You were on the highway with a 250r?? LOL
When I was younger one of my riding areas came out next to a highway where there was a large grass straightaway. One day I was racing my step brother and when we got to the point where we would normally take the trail, I realized I was going too fast to make it so I just held on and jumped the curb onto the highway. There was a minivan up ahead and I was gaining on it quick so I just stayed on the gas and went for it. I'll never forget the look on the little kid sitting in the back seat's face! I got back to the trail and found my step brother and we laughed so hard when I told him. I'm against riding on the roads except to get from one trail to another maybe but this was an accident. Accidents sometimes make the best memories!

Registered
The trikes probably have better aero than the quads which really matters when you're going that fast with <40hp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts