Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my pro x 310 is on its way back from bdt motorsports now. It was bored to a 72.50mm and setup with a weisco piston. If I remember correctly it has a 28 head dome. Can I run straight 110 octane? What oil should I use for break in? Its my 86 trx short rod

·
Registered
315 Posts
i use maxima 927 @ 32:1. vp110.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i always run klotz super techniplate at 32 1 but you think straight 110 octane would be good?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Using 110 when not needed is a waste of money. I get non-ethenol 92 here for a 3rd of the price of 110.
Ask your engine builder what octane he built your engine to use. As far as pre-mix goes, use what is readily available in your area. I use klotz R50 and have never had a problem. In the end as long as you run a quality oil you should be fine.
Funny thing about oils is that there are really only about 5 oil manufacturers in the world and they make all the oils that we use. It's just a little different recipe and a different label.
Loren

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
ok so my pro x 310 is on its way back from bdt motorsports now. It was bored to a 72.50mm and setup with a weisco piston. If I remember correctly it has a 28 head dome. Can I run straight 110 octane? What oil should I use for break in? Its my 86 trx short rod

You will be perfectly fine, even better with VP110 on that new fresh BDT engine build.

Remember Race Fuel is not just for Racing or Higher Compression engines, it is a lot more stable & consistent then Pump Gas, jets easier and maintains jetting across wider conditions (Temp, Humidity, Altitude, ect...) than Pump Gas....

Carlos

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not going to argue that race fuel is not better quality, because it is, but wouldn't using a higher octane fuel than actually needed hurt overall hp? It's my understanding that we use race fuel based on compression. The 110 octane is more efficient at 15:1 correct?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not going to argue that race fuel is not better quality, because it is, but wouldn't using a higher octane fuel than actually needed hurt overall hp? It's my understanding that we use race fuel based on compression. The 110 octane is more efficient at 15:1 correct?
It would be interesting to know if a loss in HP is measurable with 110 as compared to 91 in a “low” compression (165 psi) set up?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree..... Get some dyno results instead of opinion. I personally have never had a issue jetting my Rs because of pump gas. It's always been another issue. I also pretty much "set it and forget it" when it comes to jetting. If I was still racing I would be more picky about jetting.

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
It would be interesting to know if a loss in HP is measurable with 110 as compared to 91 in a “low” compression (165 psi) set up?
No HP loss on a stock cylinder on Pump Gas vs Race Fuel on stock Compression 165-170 PSI....based on BDT Dyno testing over 12 years ago.

Really makes no difference in performance, except to the pocket book, as stated; race fuel is a lot more consistent, that's a given.

Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts