Honda TRX250R Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
86-87 VIN plate is located on the middle of the rear lower left subframe rail, it is 1" x 5" long welded to the rail. On 88/89 the VIN is stamped on the front upper rail behiend the front bumper...and Breezy; wink-wink of the old bent frame with tittle and the VIN that falls off in your lap:)

Carlos.
The plate on my 86 is definitely gone then, it must have fallen off in someone else's lap a long time ago, lol. Oh well, there's always Ebay :lol:.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Here's an Ebay Auction that actually has a picture of the 86 VIN plate....now I know what the welds are on that side of the frame and know they aren't cracks, lol.

86 Honda TRX250R Chassis / Frame | eBayt won't let me save just the picture with the VIN plate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can view information about the car using Epicvin. Good service, I think you've heard of it sometime. It will help you avoid buying a water flood damaged car, a car that was in an accident, etc. To be honest, when I did not know how to check a car before buying, I bought a car that was stolen. It was just awful. So you better check

21 - 23 of 23 Posts