Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on porting my 86 Trx250r has a fmf pipe should I add some v force 3 reeds and cage??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Small hijack here, but . . .

if you have an otherwise well working read cage and carbon fiber reeds but it is not a VForce 3 reed valve, what performance gains could reasonably be expected?

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's my understanding that on a stock cylinder with that the Vforce adds very little if anything over a set of boyesen dual stage power reeds. I use them on my stock cylinder R's with great success. They actually seem to be more durable than the Vforce reeds.
Loren

·
Registered
12,879 Posts
Small hijack here, but . . .

if you have an otherwise well working read cage and carbon fiber reeds but it is not a VForce 3 reed valve, what performance gains could reasonably be expected?
Not much if any if the CF reeds are of the proper stiffness for your application. As an example; CF reeds of varying stiffness (meaning thicker or thinner), either as stand alone sets (all the same thickness) or in varying thickness within the same set is one good way to tune how your engine makes power....XC, TT, MX, Drag, ect...

One good characteristic of VForce3's is that the CF Pedals seem to be the best suited for a 250R as an all around reed set. As far as CF wear or life; always run a small reed spacer (1/4"-3/8" thick) with VForce3's, even on an OEM cylinder, and most important on all aftermarket BB cylinders...with a reed spacer CF life is as good as any-other.

Carlos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts