Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
36 mm air stryker have a 50 pilot jet , 158 main jet I live in central missouri, I cant get my R to have a good response off the line. Im not sure what I am doing wrong the air screw is 1 and a half turns out. It takes off slow and when it hits the power band then takes off like it should. My R has a 68mm wiseco piston rings, vforce reeds with spacer, have a spacer on the cylinder, fmf exhaust and silencer. why wont it give a good snappy response when taking off from a stand still? Should I take the air filter lid off or put some holes in it? Would that even help. Maybe go down to a 48 pilot jet? need some advice .......thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
I would definitely recommend a leak down test first. Can you start your engine without the choke pulled? If you can your pilot is too rich. I prefer a 48 pilot in stock cylinder R's. I understand that sometimes you need a larger pilot, but 48 just seems to work for me. I also would check out the ignition system. Download the manual and check everything with a multimeter and see what you come up with.
Loren

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
36 mm air stryker have a 50 pilot jet , 158 main jet I live in central missouri, I cant get my R to have a good response off the line. Im not sure what I am doing wrong the air screw is 1 and a half turns out. It takes off slow and when it hits the power band then takes off like it should. My R has a 68mm wiseco piston rings, vforce reeds with spacer, have a spacer on the cylinder, fmf exhaust and silencer. why wont it give a good snappy response when taking off from a stand still? Should I take the air filter lid off or put some holes in it? Would that even help. Maybe go down to a 48 pilot jet? need some advice .......thanks
Before anyone can recommend any pilot size, you need to know the current slide number and needle letters., as well as the health of your engine…

The issue you described is all low-end throttle response, and totally affected by AS, Needle, Slide, and Engine.

Carlos

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your running a completely sealed air box & just drawing air through the snorkle? If so, the quickest check will be to remove the lid & go for a test ride. Removing the lid makes a big difference but if your needing it for your riding environment there's ways to put holes in it & still keep the water out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts