Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Best is not to make definitive comments when you don't know all the facts. You don't know any of the conditions or engine of the OP as you sated; "was hitting 210 while playing around a little"...

First: you don't even understand 210F for a BB engine is not "too hot", yes 190F is better, heck 170F is even better, however; 210F is fine even, and normal for some BB engines even if playing around.

Second: you don't have a clue on the conditions, I do....the OP rides at extreme altitudes, his engine is set up with higher compression so when he goes to >5000', he has enough compression to make power, at <1000' the compression ratio is much different than at >6000'...

Third: engines at High altitudes or setup for High Altitudes run Hotter than engines at Sea Level or <1000'...FACT. I suggest you perform your due diligence on what it takes to run 2 strokes at high to extreme altitudes; that will give you much better knowledge to understand why 210F is normal, specially for this set-up, as well as most and just about all Race Engines at any altitude.

Carlos

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok bud whatever you say.
I have put down 100's of miles of hard enduro type trails with steep climbs with switchback after switchback on a 2stroke. All these trails are 4,000' to 6,500'. My CR250 preformed year after year and only very rarely did it get hot. So I do in fact have some experience and knowledge of what it takes to keep a 2stroke engine running cool and reliable.
My 391 is a BigBore engine. It runs 190°. My 310 is a baby big bore. It runs 175°-195°. The 250cc and 265cc R's in my stable run 175°-195°. I will agree that we do not ride our R's at high altitudes, but regardless of altitude and/or compression, a properly tuned engine should not be at 210° when just playing around. My 391 doesn't hit 210° when stuck down in a tree shot with no air movement.
I will also state one more time that I was merely showing concern for a fellow R enthusiast and wanted to pass along that concern. That is the overall goal for these forums is it not? I will not be bullied by you or your cronies! I will continue to post advice and concerns so my fellow R enthusiast can enjoy a reliable machine. I can't help it if that hurts your pride or feelings. You do not get to come on here and verbally attack anyone that doesn't post "call bdt.carlos". I do not and will not agree with your temperature standards. Remember I had an engine from your place of business. It ran HOT! THAT IS WHY I TOOK IT TO PETE AT HYBRID ENGINEERING. After he fixed everything you did it is now a reliable cool running engine.
Loren

·
Registered
145 Posts
I didn’t mean to start any thing. I just noticed my R was hot and so was the shee I was with. We were in bad spot not moving fast enough. Probably was 102 out side no wind on the sand. Finally found the main trail hit speed and temps dropped to 175ish. Sorry for the confusion. This engine runs like a beast all the time and cool. Like anything else start pushing hard and the machine will tell you. Sorry for your experience with bdt. Mine has been nothing but good. After hours service just a text away. Cheers all. Have a safe weekend. 🍻🍻

·
Registered
287 Posts
I didn’t mean to start any thing. I just noticed my R was hot and so was the shee I was with. We were in bad spot not moving fast enough. Probably was 102 out side no wind on the sand. Finally found the main trail hit speed and temps dropped to 175ish. Sorry for the confusion. This engine runs like a beast all the time and cool. Like anything else start pushing hard and the machine will tell you. Sorry for your experience with bdt. Mine has been nothing but good. After hours service just a text away. Cheers all. Have a safe weekend. 🍻🍻
No problem or misunderstanding Idaho. I was just trying to help if in fact you were having a temp issue. Everyone I know that owns R's or 2strokes in general try to keep their temps low as possible with longevity the ultimate goal. It's unfortunate that the 6 year old bratt has to jump down anyone's throat if he feels slighted in any way. It's not about you BRO!.
Stay cool and have a great weekend!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Of course it's not Idaho's miss posting, or misinformation. I't's 100% you Norm...you always chime in with an emphasis on attacking BDT or questioning any engine BDT has worked on, without knowing any of the Facts. You know how many engines I've fixed from your builder....I can tell you a lot more than you have fingers in one hand, however; I don't come on here and constantly bring them up, as a builder I fully understand you can't please everyone, none of us are perfect, and move on.

Just to put things in perspective for you....

Carlos

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seriously! I saw a fellow R enthusiast with a potential temperature issue. If I was wrong soooooo sorry. It had absolutely nothing to do with you! If you could get over yourself and your inferiority complex this wouldn't happen all the time. I did not even mention you or your company! What can be done to get you to stop these infantile attacks on anyone that you decide is a hater? Really man life is short let it go! Have a great weekend.
Loren

·
Registered
382 Posts
start with change ur signature. talk n talk. do the walk.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
You wan't respect, yet you are far from giving the respect you look for in return...as Matuus alluded; 'Walk the Talk' :)

Carlos

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think you are confused fellas. I was trying to get you to act like an adult. I do not need your respect lol. I can get by just fine without it. What would be fantastic is if you could get off your high horse and let people show genuine concern for other people without jumping down their throats because of your insecurities. Like I said life is short Bro.
Have a great weekend
Loren

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
No wonder you don't show any respect, you don't need it as you state. Well without respect for your fellow 250R enthusiasts, don't expect any in return, nor any consideration for what you have to say.

No respect earns you no respect...and I ain't your "Bro".

Carlos

21 - 30 of 30 Posts