Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just rebuilt my 88 R today, and there was a cover that I wanted to put on, for the old one, there was a bushing where the kicker shaft is, it looks like theres a bushing on it, but on the one that I wanted to put on, theres no bushing, do I need to have that bushing on there or could it just be there just to be there?

Also, the new cover is off of an old 88 as well

Apologies for no pictures, it didnt cross my mind to take any or put any on

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it all depends on what kicker gear you have.88 only used a washer 85-87 used a washer and spacer.
Everything on the inside is all stock 88 except for the basket and and stator, the one that I want to put on doesnt have all of that, but the one I have on right now has it, does this mean that there interchangeable?

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
So I just rebuilt my 88 R today, and there was a cover that I wanted to put on, for the old one, there was a bushing where the kicker shaft is, it looks like theres a bushing on it, but on the one that I wanted to put on, theres no bushing, do I need to have that bushing on there or could it just be there just to be there?

Also, the new cover is off of an old 88 as well

Apologies for no pictures, it didnt cross my mind to take any or put any on
it all depends on what kicker gear you have.88 only used a washer 85-87 used a washer and spacer.
Everything on the inside is all stock 88 except for the basket and and stator, the one that I want to put on doesnt have all of that, but the one I have on right now has it, does this mean that there interchangeable?
Any year engine ATC/TRX250R 85-89 will assemble with any year clutch cover ATC/TRX250R 85-89 with the Correct OEM parts, Gear, Washer and Bushing.

If you are having issues or want to make life easy; BDT Motorsports has a Bushing Kit consisting of 3 different Custom Bushings & 4 Custom Washers that will allow the 250R end user to use any year engine ATC/TRX250R 85-89 with any year clutch cover ATC/TRX250R 85-89 just by using the Custom Bushings & Washers supplied in the BDT Clutch Spacer Kit.

Carlos

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any year engine ATC/TRX250R 85-89 will assemble with any year clutch cover ATC/TRX250R 85-89 with the Correct OEM parts, Gear, Washer and Bushing.

If you are having issues or want to make life easy; BDT Motorsports has a Bushing Kit consisting of 3 different Custom Bushings & 4 Custom Washers that will allow the 250R end user to use any year engine ATC/TRX250R 85-89 with any year clutch cover ATC/TRX250R 85-89 just by using the Custom Bushings & Washers supplied in the BDT Clutch Spacer Kit.

Carlos
Yep, that's gonna be the next purchase, cause I want that clutch cover on it real bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts