Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I did I complete engine rebuild last week and went 1.5mm up in piston size, it was a 66.50 and is now a 68.00, 1st and 2and gear is sluggish, and almost makes a burp, it doesnt brap, do I need new jets or do I need to fix the air/fuel screw mixture?

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
So I did I complete engine rebuild last week and went 1.5mm up in piston size, it was a 66.50 and is now a 68.00, 1st and 2and gear is sluggish, and almost makes a burp, it doesnt brap, do I need new jets or do I need to fix the air/fuel screw mixture?
What is the complete engine setup, pipe, carb, reeds and intake, fuel....plus current jets, needle, slide#, AS setting?

Carlos

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the complete engine setup, pipe, carb, reeds and intake, fuel....plus current jets, needle, slide#, AS setting?

Carlos
Full fmf setup, boysen reeds, oem airbox and a sponge looking air filter, I'm running 40:1 non ethanol with castor 927, not sure about everything in the carb, sorry

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
Similar setups in SoCal for 36-38MM Kehein Carbs:

165-170 Main
48-52 Pilot
DGH Needle 3rd Clip
AS = 1 1/2 to 2 turns out
BPS = 2 to 2 1/2 turns out
#6 Slide

Carlos

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Similar setups in SoCal for 36-38MM Kehein Carbs:

165-170 Main
48-52 Pilot
DGH Needle 3rd Clip
AS = 1 1/2 to 2 turns out
BPS = 2 to 2 1/2 turns out
#6 Slide

Carlos
Okay thanks, forgot to mention the mm for my carb and that's a 36, do you think it could be either the pilot jet, or maybe the needle clip?

·
Registered
81 Posts
As Carlos stated you need to know what jets are currently in the carb AND make sure the are unobstructed. Looks can be deceiving regarding if they “looked plugged” or not.
What’s your altitude?
does it backfire on decel? (backfire on decel suggests a lean condition.)

Carlos gave you the “average” starting points for your current set up, but you need to break the carb open and see what’s going on in the inside.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Carlos stated you need to know what jets are currently in the carb AND make sure the are unobstructed. Looks can be deceiving regarding if they “looked plugged” or not.
What’s your altitude?
does it backfire on decel? (backfire on decel suggests a lean condition.)

Carlos gave you the “average” starting points for your current set up, but you need to break the carb open and see what’s going on in the inside.
Okay, the carbs been torn apart before, I just never bothered to look at the sizes, I'll tear it apart tommorow, I'm hoping I just need a smaller jet or a different clip position, I have a whole bunch of jets, so I can change them of needed

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My elevation is about 90 ft, and I mostly ride in sand, and loosely packed dirt, it has maybe backfired 2 times out of the whole 4 months that I've had it, and it has yet to backfire on this fresh build

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just tore the carb apart today, didnt even need to look at the jets, clip was at a too rich position, put it at the 3rd position and now she wants to pull my arms off👍👌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts