Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go on ebay to do my daily rounds and I see someone selling a set of IMS Roll pegs. This is his title on ebay "Honda TRX 250R Roll Design Foot Pegs Fourtrax 250R", now here is my issue with this ad Are they really 86-87 pegs, why wouldn't seller put IMS part number for buyers can really see if they are the 86-87 IMS Roll pegs. Another thing seller is describing or claiming the 86-87 IMS Roll Pegs will fit 88-89 but will need to use 88-89 washer, collar spring, and pin style set up.
But I want to give you insight on these pegs the first ones 1985-1987 Roll IMS Pegs: first way to tell if they are 85-87 is inside of peg should be grey, second way is on right side or brake side there should be a part number where mounting tab that will have numbers 302201 but if they are mounted on bike you will have to get on floor to look under. Here is a pic of the 85-87 it will be first pic Auto part Metal
Now Roll pegs 85-87 will only have part number only on one peg.
Now the 88-89 pegs almost do look similar as the early versions but here are what to look for 88-89 insides of pegs are black, second the part numbers on the 88-89 versions are stamped on the insides of pegs facing the frame part number 302202.
I also want everyone know that these were also recently made a few years ago and if you see pegs that are completely black those are the recently made units for the 88-89. Roll never made 85-87 the recent models in all black sales were not there for the 88-89. So Doug Roll suspended making the 85-87 pegs because of lack of sales and best part when I called Doug to see if he could make a set for me he destroyed the jig for pegs all trx 250R's.
Second pic is the 88-89 box with part number on it. But again these are part number for pegs with kick ups i am not aware of any part numbers for pegs with no kick ups. If pegs are also been powder coated or painted just look for part numbers that will be best bet to know what you are buying.
Note a friend of mine did buy the 88-89 pegs for his 86. They will fit but they will fit a few inches forward enough to make your boot barely fit if you wear a size 12 but will be uncomfortable.
So before you shell out $250 for Roll pegs I hope you remember these part numbers and 1 more thing 88-89 pegs are common to find they pop up every now and then but 85-87 are a tough find. It took me 5 years to come across a set of 85-87 good luck. Text Font Paper

·
Registered
329 Posts
i just but the ones for a raptor,banshee or yfz and mod them. there $79 new. $250 is a rip off for the same thing takes me about an hr to make the brackets for my roll frames

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm not sure what your issue is with the ad. I'm a big advocate of correctly describing your product for sale and don't find anything wrong with his ad. I believe they are 86/87 roll pegs.
The color on the inside is not a correct judgement. I've had black as well as grey in the middle for both sets. I believe it was just different runs and different colors of paint used.

The 88/89 pegs have a much longer mount than the 86/87 even though if you remove them from the bracket they will bolt up to 88/89 frames.

FWIW if you need 86/87 mounts it is easier to buy 450R pegs and make an extra bolt hole on the frame or make a plate to mount to 86 style frames.

Even though the market is small, I'm not sure why Roll would destroy the jigs. I'd think you could find someone to buy them, or put them on a shelf - sheesh.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure what your issue is with the ad. I'm a big advocate of correctly describing your product for sale and don't find anything wrong with his ad. I believe they are 86/87 roll pegs.
The color on the inside is not a correct judgement. I've had black as well as grey in the middle for both sets. I believe it was just different runs and different colors of paint used.

The 88/89 pegs have a much longer mount than the 86/87 even though if you remove them from the bracket they will bolt up to 88/89 frames.

FWIW if you need 86/87 mounts it is easier to buy 450R pegs and make an extra bolt hole on the frame or make a plate to mount to 86 style frames.

Even though the market is small, I'm not sure why Roll would destroy the jigs. I'd think you could find someone to buy them, or put them on a shelf - sheesh.
250Renvy only issue I have is some of us including myself do not have access to a welder or someone who welds, and I can trust.
250R you are right 88-89 pegs will mount but they will mount much closer than 85-87.
I wish I did have the skill and talent to own and know how to weld as some of you here as I would be doing as everyone that buys any roll peg and just have to weld mounts.
Why did Doug destroy jig I have no clue he never gave me an answer not that he had to!
But here are my Roll pegs 1st pic 88 trx 250r, 2nd pic is my 86 250r, and 3rd is my other 250r. Do not know if you can tell difference from mounts in pics but only way for me to tell is if I have them off and in my hand!
But 250Renvy look at it this way there are many like me who are unskilled and learn the hard way "not by choice", but imagine you buy these pegs and when you receive them you install them and they are not the right year? They may or may be not the right year but if I received them i am sure hosed, I have no welder I trust and my size 13 foot with boot fits very uncomfortable between peg and shifter.
I will try and get a pic posted of 88-89 Roll pegs mounted on and 86 TRX 250R to visually see difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
he didnt destroy the jig he is just rolling with the times and the market for 250r foot pegs isnt there any more. plus those pegs are cast and cost alot to only make a few. although at $250 he shouldnt need to make 100 of them in one shot though. the only reason im actually runnoing them is the roll design frames. otherwise ill take pro pegs any day. the roll pegs are heavy. those weight the same as the whole nerf lol

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I really liked the 85-87 pegs on my 88/89 Arens.
But they wouldn't work with the 88/89 Roll heelgaurds :( so I switched pegs

I too have a peg fetish lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just picked up a set of 85-87 roll pegs non kick ups for $75,i don't care for the roll pegs with kick ups.i mounted them on my 88r which
put the pegs back about 1".i got a -1 shifter and brake lever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been in contact with Paige from Roll Design many times, about the availability of 88-89 pegs. She contacted me a couple months ago and said another run of the pegs were in production and I received mine a few weeks after that. They are all black and do have part #'s on both pegs. If anyone wants the 88-89 pegs, I would contact her and see if she has any left from the latest and hopefully not last run of these pegs. Roll Design/ Paige (760)731-5920.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,
Can anyone tell me the correct way these IMS Roll design footpegs should be fitted?, the pegs have 3 metal strips two of which are the same height and the third is lower in height then the other two, should the lower metal strip be to the front or the back of the peg?
I have a set retro fitted and just want to check I have mounted them correctly to my ATC.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I go on ebay to do my daily rounds and I see someone selling a set of IMS Roll pegs. This is his title on ebay "Honda TRX 250R Roll Design Foot Pegs Fourtrax 250R", now here is my issue with this ad Are they really 86-87 pegs, why wouldn't seller put IMS part number for buyers can really see if they are the 86-87 IMS Roll pegs. Another thing seller is describing or claiming the 86-87 IMS Roll Pegs will fit 88-89 but will need to use 88-89 washer, collar spring, and pin style set up.
But I want to give you insight on these pegs the first ones 1985-1987 Roll IMS Pegs: first way to tell if they are 85-87 is inside of peg should be grey, second way is on right side or brake side there should be a part number where mounting tab that will have numbers 302201 but if they are mounted on bike you will have to get on floor to look under. Here is a pic of the 85-87 it will be first pic View attachment 23545 Now Roll pegs 85-87 will only have part number only on one peg.
Now the 88-89 pegs almost do look similar as the early versions but here are what to look for 88-89 insides of pegs are black, second the part numbers on the 88-89 versions are stamped on the insides of pegs facing the frame part number 302202.
I also want everyone know that these were also recently made a few years ago and if you see pegs that are completely black those are the recently made units for the 88-89. Roll never made 85-87 the recent models in all black sales were not there for the 88-89. So Doug Roll suspended making the 85-87 pegs because of lack of sales and best part when I called Doug to see if he could make a set for me he destroyed the jig for pegs all trx 250R's.
Second pic is the 88-89 box with part number on it. But again these are part number for pegs with kick ups i am not aware of any part numbers for pegs with no kick ups. If pegs are also been powder coated or painted just look for part numbers that will be best bet to know what you are buying.
Note a friend of mine did buy the 88-89 pegs for his 86. They will fit but they will fit a few inches forward enough to make your boot barely fit if you wear a size 12 but will be uncomfortable.
So before you shell out $250 for Roll pegs I hope you remember these part numbers and 1 more thing 88-89 pegs are common to find they pop up every now and then but 85-87 are a tough find. It took me 5 years to come across a set of 85-87 good luck. View attachment 23546
My 86 Ims/Roll pegs do not have any numbers stamped but i bought them years id say the first round of them making them.. mine are also grey.. Brand new & for sale.. Same with a set of IMS Heel guards.. [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 86 Ims/Roll pegs do not have any numbers stamped but i bought them years id say the first round of them making them.. mine are also grey inside With Polished flats.. Brand new & for sale.. Same with a set of IMS Heel guards.. [email protected]
Ok they do have a spot that looks like it may be stamped but it just has a round logo of some sort not sure, still have some lint from the polishing wheel they used..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts