Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If you want to upgrade and go to a new setup, you can buy 400ex spindles and put 2006-09 YFZ450 calipers on them. It's a great upgrade if you have 86-87 as you can upgrade hubs as well. If not try "The R shop on ebay" they usually have rebuilt calipers. Used are usually pretty worn and need a lot of refurb.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 400ex calipers on my 250r, but do you think the yfz calipers would be better. I recently talked to someone that told me a yz rear caliper bolts right on the rear, but I cant seem to recall the model

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have 400ex calipers on my 250r, but do you think the yfz calipers would be better. I recently talked to someone that told me a yz rear caliper bolts right on the rear, but I cant seem to recall the model
400ex front calipers are only 1 piston, the YFZ calipers are 2 piston, so they would be better. I'm not sure about the rear.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Well, It would seem that I can just buy new ones. cool
Maybe - depends on the brake setup. If those spindles use 250R calipers, the YFZ calipers aren't a direct replacement for 250R. They fit 400ex spindles. I'm not sure on your generation, but the t-pin spindles came in both 250R brake setup and 400ex brake mounting setup.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you. IMO I would ditch the spindles - they look like a headache and maybe you are missing parts. It's one of those uncommon old parts that probably had design changes for a reason.

If you want to keep them, looks like 250R brakes. There is a set on ebay.

Or contact : the_r_shop on eBay to see if he has any rebuilt sets?

400ex spindle/ hub and brake setup can be bought used for almost the same price as 250R brakes alone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s just tapered steel going into the rod end. I have a stock hub setup, but once I have these blasted and powdered they will be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts