Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Honda trx 450r basically stock besides new valves piston and shims. Pretty clean there’s flaws though since I wasn’t the original owner when I bought it this kid had it all messed up so I got it for a steal and brought her back to life recently. Posted it saying I would rather trade it for a trx/250r if possible with cash to boot if nessary within a week I’ve had a ton of lt250r offers and dirt bikes plus cash but only one trx250r. It’s over all shape is not the best it’s a 86 chassis with a freshly rebuilt 85 atc motor is it worth it?? Idc if I cant ride it right away. I always wanted to build my own 250r for primarily trails and ripping across the lake during ice fishing season. Any way I need help since I’m a possible first time owner of the 250r I’ve owned 13 quads so far as far as 2 stroke goes it’s my personal favorite I’ve owned 2 blasters, 2 lt250r’s, and 1 banshee. But over all I’ve primarily had Trx450r and 400ex I love Honda and really want to own a trx 250r. But I want peoples opinion on if I should jump on this straight up trade or try to hold out for a better one? Also the motor in the pictures is a freshly rebuilt 85Atc we would have to swap out of the quad if we trade so in trx250r pics it’s not the motor in there it’s gonna be the motor that is on the table in the pics.And if anyone is interested in trading please lmk. I’m living in Wisconsin. Thanks for your time hopefully I can upload images

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t trade for that 250r.
I know they are getting scarce and parts are expensive, but I would wait for something better to come along.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Get both. Keep the 450. I love the motor on my 450, but man my R feels so much more comfortable. Your 450 is pretty clean, so like what kell said wait for a better trade to come along :) or buy a R out right and keep your 450 for backup ha.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I would keep the 450R as well. That's a pretty clean machine and the 250R is a little rough. Keep looking, you'll find a better machine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t trade for that 250r.
I know they are getting scarce and parts are expensive, but I would wait for something better to come along.
Thanks so much I held off and got a trade on a really nice 86! I’ve wanted a R since I could remember I’m glad I got ur guys opinion and waited thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts