Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing with the build and when we were doing the plug chops out on a country blacktop i noticed the atc pulling to the right i figured it was an air pressure difference in the rear wheels but when i made sure both were equal it still did it. I had a 250sx last year that did the same and the front forks were tweaked a little bit and i loosend every thing up and put a bar in between the forks and twsted to fix i i dont think this is the same problem.everything is new on the front end of the 250r forks just were rebuilt with new progressive springs ,gold valve emulaters and the rear shock is fresh too . Anybody have any ideas how to fix this

·
Registered
13,175 Posts
Just finishing with the build and when we were doing the plug chops out on a country blacktop i noticed the atc pulling to the right i figured it was an air pressure difference in the rear wheels but when i made sure both were equal it still did it. I had a 250sx last year that did the same and the front forks were tweaked a little bit and i loosend every thing up and put a bar in between the forks and twsted to fix i i dont think this is the same problem.everything is new on the front end of the 250r forks just were rebuilt with new progressive springs ,gold valve emulaters and the rear shock is fresh too . Anybody have any ideas how to fix this
A few possibilities:

One tire is bigger than the other (RO), even if air pressure are set equal to each...change tires Left to Right; check and see if it pulls off to the opposite side.
Swingarm bent or not aligned
Frame bent or not aligned side to side or in height
Fork Oil volume not the same for each fork
Forks, Tree or Frame Nose Bent

Carlos

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure fork oil is correct i had them professionaly rebuilt ,how do you align the swingarm i think i know how to check ifind a point on the frame on both sides and measure to the axle . i will swap the tires first and go from there . I will call the suspension guy and see what he says and i can put the old tires and rims on and try them but i did swap frames because the original had major damage to the subframe and grab bar mounts and was welded in a crappy way . Lol every time i think all the issues are done i find new ones but i guess if you want every thing easy just go buy the same old thing that anybody could brand new off the showroom floor i like having 35 yr old stuff that runs as good or better than new Thx for your input at least i have a directioin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts