Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running a JL Engineering +4 swingarm and its been nothing shy of amazing! I made the slight mistake of going +4, I should have went +1 or +2 tops. I also do not have a chain guide, which I want.

I am considering swapping out swingarms, what would you guys suggest? I have no issues buying used as I am going to have it stripped and powder coated oem gold and rebuilt anyway. Post pics, suggestions, pricing - if you have something for sale...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
455 Posts
new lsr. low cost. good arms.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This one?

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
This one?

That's a good option Mike. Check out all eBay sellers, some offer the LSR Swingarms for less, especially if your open to certain lengths that don’t sell that well. Also consider calling LSR, if you can wait 4-8 weeks, you might get a better deal.

Note most of these sellers are Internet Parts pushers only, they don’t stock these products, only drop ship. You may want to verify availability, or how long you may have to wait.

Other swingarm TRX250R options, custom made for you, however; at a much higher cost:

Rath Racing
Fire Ball Engineering
Steller Machine
BDT Motorsports

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to Roger at Fireball! His arms are AMAZING and I only need the arm, not the carrier... $700, 4 week lead time...

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I just checked out ISF he makes some amazing stuff Steve!!

When i do make my pick, what do you guys recommend a square or tubular swingarm?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I love the look of a oem looking aftermarket swingarm.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mike:

What no one has mentioned is f purchasing a 'custom' SA, you should pick your swingarm, style, shape, length, tube construction, wall thickness and supports based on your total riding weight, and type of riding, meaning General, Race, TT, FT, MX, Drag, Duner, ect...that's what you are paying for; a 'custom' made SA.

Makes a huge difference on how the swingarm is designed and made. The choice of rectangular, or oval tubing, grade and sizes can then be made correctly.

Call me when you have time, way too much details to write & post on SA design & fabrication.... then you can talk to the SA manufacture of your choice and ask for exactly what you need and what is best; they won't necessarily offer all these details.

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sooo....what your getting at is Big_Mike has a +4 SA for sale for what year??😎
JL Engineering +4 swingarm for ‘86. Has factory located mounting holes for oem or after market skid plates... Powder coated factory gold and is in MINT CONDITION!

·
Registered
207 Posts
An 86-87 style swing arm will fit an 88-89 frame. Just have to use the 86-87 rear engine mount & cut the top mounting tabs off.

·
Registered
455 Posts
wow. dont cut oem frame. ur value will b 1/2.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
I didn't say cut the frame! I said use the 86-87 rear engine mount that goes with the 86-87 swingarm & cut the top tabs off of it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts