Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas to restore a swingarm. Not powder coat...spray cans. Down to 2 colors rustoleum gold rush and duplicolor universal gold. Anybody have some input? Thanks

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used the Gold Rush metallic on a set of A-Arms and they turned out fantastic.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, gold rush was my first thought. Cold slither which color are you referring to?

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's been talked about some on here; having toruble finding them in a search. There was an engine paint and maybe something from Eastwood but that could be only available in powdercoat. A lot of the paints used in the past were too dark but the powdercoats looked fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The duplicolor universal gold is the engine paint. I am going to be painting the a arms and swingarm and want the closest color. Neither of those colors are stocked in my local stores. I have to order it. A guy on another site swears by the duplicolor being the closest to factory for the swingarm

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm looking to do my A-Arms. The original owner bought my bike for farming and you can tell he actually did use it for that. Tall grass rubbed all the paint of of the bottom half of the lower arms. Utility quad selection wasn't very good in '86.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I unintentionally ended up using POR-15 oldsmobile engine gold as a primer/base and seymour EN-50 as a finish coat.

·
Registered
242 Posts
So I've got the first few coats of Gold Rush on my A-Arms. It is slightly lighter than stock; it is also a bit less green. But it matches the gold part of Pro-Link sticker perfectly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts