Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take off the shifter to get to replace the seal. While doing so I had to pry the old shifter off the shaft. When put back together I couldn’t shift out of first gear. Any help would be nice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like you popped the c clip off the shiftshaft on the clutch side off.you need to pull the clutch cover off and put back together.
sorry for the late reply. I did alittle
sounds like you popped the c clip off the shiftshaft on the clutch side off.you need to pull the clutch cover off and put back together.
sorry for the late reply. I did a little extra research and found that the piece of metal that connects to the shift drum could be slightly bent after the prying. Where is this c clip you are talking about?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
sorry for the late reply. I did alittle

sorry for the late reply. I did a little extra research and found that the piece of metal that connects to the shift drum could be slightly bent after the prying. Where is this c clip you are talking about?
Clip is on the shift shaft, far Right side, before tension-return spring. It could also be the Washer-Hat is missing (fell off) of the shift shaft far Right side into Star Shifter.

Carlos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts