Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the oem pipe perform? Stock or ported cylinder.? Always curious as you never see an r with one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/QUOTE]
Restrictive, heavy, quiet; stock or ported. Note even an FMF pipe on a stock cylinder wakes the 'R' up.

Carlos
Well that makes sense as to why no one uses them. I’m surprised Honda could put such a great bike together and screw up on the exhaust. Maybe the whole detuning the power theory is true. I read somewhere though that the initial twists on the pipe when it leaves the cylinder helps produce more power and helps remove exhaust gases better than the long straight run before the bend between the upper and lower a arms., like all the aftermarket pipes do...,Is there any truth to this Carlos?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well that makes sense as to why no one uses them. I’m surprised Honda could put such a great bike together and screw up on the exhaust. Maybe the whole detuning the power theory is true. I read somewhere though that the initial twists on the pipe when it leaves the cylinder helps produce more power and helps remove exhaust gases better than the long straight run before the bend between the upper and lower a arms., like all the aftermarket pipes do...,Is there any truth to this Carlos?
[/QUOTE]
What Carlos said. + Keep in mind that companies like Honda have very strict emissions/environmental laws to pass. (Especially in the good ol US of A) when designing a motor/machine, not to mention the reliability factors...and 2-strokes aren't exactly eco friendly in that way naturally..lol go figure, God I love 2-strokes!!!!!!. Anyway,
Take a 660 Raptor for example (I know, not a TRX or a 2-stroke but a good example, + I have tons of experience with the 660 Raturd) they make somewhere around 34/36(ish) hp out of the box to the crank. Very low for the displacement, that's alot to do with restricted airflow in the name of environmental safety and reliability. A properly moded 660 has no problem producing well over 50/60 hp and enough torque to pull a house down (even more with a 3-plug head). All I can say is thank God for aftermarket parts , BDTM, and a bit of creativity on all our part!!!! And God Bless American for always wanting more power from out beloved machines!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts