Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does any body know the volume of the standard head! also is it ok to put stock head on a ported barrel as long as compression ratio is ok and correct octain used and squish within 1.5mm thanks paul.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i dont see why a stock head on a ported cylinder would be a problem, i am running a stock head that was bored way over and a ct ported cylinder i know when i took it apart it was using a cr head gasket and im using another one. i dont know what cc the dome is stock i think i heard something like 20 or 18 idk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
h thanks for your reply, when you say bored seems like your talking about the head i was wondering wether a totally untouched head would be ok as long as c/ratio and sqiush are good thanks paul

·
Registered
69 Posts
i was talking about the head and i dont see why it would be a problem but i would ask someone on here that knows more about engines or i would call someone like arlan or pete.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You don't have the head bored, you have the dome in the head reshaped, o-ringed, or machined for compression increase. A ported cylinder will run fine with a stock head. Will you realize the full potential of the porting? Maybe, maybe not.
Loren

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
hi does any body know the volume of the standard head! also is it ok to put stock head on a ported barrel as long as compression ratio is ok and correct octain used and squish within 1.5mm thanks paul.
26CC...actually varies from different years, and the squish it came with from Honda. Since the squish can be from 1.5MM to 2MM; your CC volume will vary significantly.

It's "OK" to run the OEM head as it came from Honda...you are giving up performance, specially running the squish as OEM set. Full potential will only be realized when the Porting, Head/dome CC's, Pipe, carb and Intake are a matched unit working together, and not against each other.

Carlos

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
once again thankyou that clears up the idea of using my stock head as my compression will be to low thanks paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't have the head bored, you have the dome in the head reshaped, o-ringed, or machined for compression increase. A ported cylinder will run fine with a stock head. Will you realize the full potential of the porting? Maybe, maybe not.
Loren
thanks norm yes the phrase head bored threw me abit i have a head thats had the dome machined to 22cc but squish doesnt start angling up till its about 1mm inside the cylinder bore so guessing it needs to be machined again to the 67.5mm the cylinder is at!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts