Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 86 trx250r just bought and from what i see it has, full fmf pipe/scilencer. and the 17 year old kid i
bought it from couldnt tell me any thing about it.. I assumed the bike also had a jet kit due to all the holes drilled in
the airbox lid.(but with wat looks like is the origional foam filter) i took apart the carb To see what the main jet was just because i was curious. It was a 138??? (stock is around 152 correct? Y do i have less? ) im pretty shore the stock needle is in it as well on the middle notch. the
area i live in is ruffly any where from sea level to ruffly 1500-2000ft What is a good set up for me guys im getting a k&n filter for her and one of those nice airbox lids with the mesh stuff on it lol and a jet kit i guess . Im being told buy guys that owen n drove these over the years thAt shes not quite all she could be and it seems to run good and be burning good.... Mix 32:1 Thanks all

·
Registered
237 Posts
Take a look at your spark plug. That will tell you how your jetting is doing. Grab plenty of extra plugs so you can do some test runs and plug chops. Theres plenty of posts on here about how to do plug chops and reading a spark plug but if you are still concerned just take a pic and post it up on here and there are plenty of people that will help you out. The lighter the color (white) is lean and darker (black or wet) is rich. If you get a k&n filter do yourself a favor and run an outerwear on it or a good foam wrap. Plenty of jets are always a good thing to have on hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts