Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning gentlemen, I hope all is well. I was going on forums and writing down notes;however, I wanted to ensure I had the correct information. From what I gathered, stock squish varies from.060- .085. I also noticed that it is optimal squish falls between .040 and .060. My question for you gentlemen is are these the normal ranges? Do these numbers change, for example, if you are building a big bore? Again, I am just ensuring i write down the correct numbers in my manual for a reference. Thanks in advance for you time and effort!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Good morning gentlemen, I hope all is well. I was going on forums and writing down notes;however, I wanted to ensure I had the correct information. From what I gathered, stock squish varies from.060- .085. I also noticed that it is optimal squish falls between .040 and .060. My question for you gentlemen is are these the normal ranges? Do these numbers change, for example, if you are building a big bore? Again, I am just ensuring i write down the correct numbers in my manual for a reference. Thanks in advance for you time and effort!
Stock 250R squish can vary from .085" to .120" on stock OEM cylinders with stock OEM heads, with cylinders measuring 125MM in height (NO decking). OEM cylinders squish with modified heads can be set from .035" to .085" or more depending on Dome and squish design, and intended use & fuel Octane level.

Aftermarket 250R cylinders don't come with the High squish clearances Honda built in the 250R's...normally they are preset at .045"-.065". Again, the same applies here; depending on use, Octane Level, and Port Timing-design and squish...the squish dimensions can be set at .045-.085", and sometimes even outside these ranges.

Carlos

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock 250R squish can vary from .085" to .120" on stock OEM cylinders with stock OEM heads, with cylinders measuring 125MM in height (NO decking). OEM cylinders squish with modified heads can be set from .035" to .085" or more depending on Dome and squish design, and intended use & fuel Octane level.

Aftermarket 250R cylinders don't come with the High squish clearances Honda built in the 250R's...normally they are preset at .045"-.065". Again, the same applies here; depending on use, Octane Level, and Port Timing-design and squish...the squish dimensions can be set at .045-.085", and sometimes even outside these ranges.

Carlos
ohhh wow thanks carlos I see.so there are many other factors that play into this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts