Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time my quad would not run right. Then once I went down to a 148 main I was convinced it was a stator issue and alas here is an oem stator with what I can only assume is water damage judging by the corrosion. I’m surprised the thing even produced spark! Glad I replaced it haha.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's basically how mine was. The cover gasket got old and was letting water in but not out very well. Tried cleaning it and soaking it in CLR -- didn't help.

·
Registered
350 Posts
This is why its a good idea to remove your stator cover after every time you either wash it or it gets really wet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What brand stator did you replace it with since oem isn’t available?
I was originally gonna go with an HPI ignition but wanted to save some money for some other parts so went with a ricks high output stator.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was originally gonna go with an HPI ignition but wanted to save some money for some other parts so went with a ricks high output stator.
I bought a used oem stator that was in good shape but know it’ll crap out eventually. How long have you had that Rick’s in and have you had any issues with it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a used oem stator that was in good shape but know it’ll crap out eventually. How long have you had that Rick’s in and have you had any issues with it?
I actually haven’t been able to run it yet I’ve had some other things that needed to be fixed, hoping this week I will able to get it up and running after I replace my waterpump seal. Install was pretty easy only Issue I had is one of the connectors was bent and wouldn’t go in but I’m fairly certain someone stepped on it haha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I haven’t seen many good reviews of any aftermarket stators for R’s and why I went with a used one but let us know how it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts