Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the Rs been good to me, but its time for a new quad, and i got an 08 LTR today, defiantly a lot different, but i do still like it a lot

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
yup ... :p just ask Bill about that !! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a ltr also, great quad. So did you sell your r for the new one??

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
...when you get done riding dark ...you'll see the LIGHT again !!.... :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you check his signature, he has 2 250r's so I'm sure the selling of the RACE 250R is so you can race production?
ya, im selling the laeger, so i can race the 450 class, but im keeping the stock 88 for dicking around and trail riding

heres the LTR in the snow, it was icy as hell out, so i couldnt get any traction at all when i was riding

·
Registered
128 Posts
i dont know man my buddys got an ltr and its nice but it still needs alot to be a competitive racer

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Now ya'll give the guy a break, aint nothing wrong with having a 4 stroke, shucks, everybody needs at least one pit bike at the races, that 450 will do.

Neil

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Now ya'll give the guy a break, aint nothing wrong with having a 4 stroke, shucks, everybody needs at least one pit bike at the races, that 450 will do.

Neil

lmao

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Now that is funny! LOL.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Now guys, I'm a die hard 2-stroker, but I am being drawn to the dark side. The local shop I have been working with CSR Performance has a whole crap load of bad a$$ bikes, most of them 4-strokes. The bad thing is that their 4-strokes will smoke my R. I just finished all of the polishing on their new TRX450 flat track bike...... 98HP to the ground.------ Need I say more. They also have a Houser 250R with a crf 450 in it that is about 75hp..... I tried to flat track my Laeger bike against their Houser, It handed me my a$$ and the worst part was the rider is a 47 year old GIRL. I won't attempt that again without a swaybar and a lowering kit...... It was just plain ugly. She lapped me in practice. Then again she's got like 4 or 5 local championships.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just keep saying no way....... 565cc..... I forgot to mention that part....... and the part about the 30% funny fuel. Now do you beleive 98 hp. I am a little skeptical also but I have seen the dyno sheets on the prototype engine. I can't wait to see this one on the track.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Nice LTR.

I threw white plastic on my special edition when i got it.....

oh and the LTRS are very competitive with just exhaust, nerf bars and tires. Ive won races on mine against other built 450's with suspension. Its all rider though...

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Just keep saying no way....... 565cc..... I forgot to mention that part....... and the part about the 30% funny fuel. Now do you beleive 98 hp. I am a little skeptical also but I have seen the dyno sheets on the prototype engine. I can't wait to see this one on the track.
Hummm, ok, 98 hp, but the real question is, how many laps will it last.
Harold Goodman, Shane Hitt & Chuckie Creech got some of the best 4 stroke engine builders out there in this country & a Sparks 450 aint putting out but 60 on race gas in a ATVA legal 450cc.
Might be 565cc & 98 with fuel on the dyno, but put it on a track with a rider that can realy handle it & lets see how long it will last.
Ol big daddys been round bunch of years & seen as bunch as well. Gona run it set up like that, best be fat on the hip or else it will turn into a talk & show bike real quick sitting in the pits.
Neil

·
Registered
128 Posts
ltr is really the next 250r tho i hate saying it but its true
[/quote]
i dont know man notin can ever replace the legendary "R"

·
Registered
214 Posts
i never said replace... no bike can ever hold a record like the r it was only made for 3 years but raced like what 15/18 years?

im just saying the ltr is a good bike

1 - 20 of 29 Posts