Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get your thoughts on this to make sure im not chassing parts.

At low gears 1st through 3rd... at 1/2 to WOT the bike boogs or does not have much snap.

At gears all gears higher then 3rd no issues.

I pulled the clutch basket, I do have the notches or grooves on my basket arms.

If I replace the basket with new one, upgrade the clutch to 89 kit and install new clutch w/ springs. Would this stop the slipping.

Or any thoughts on the lock-out kit. I don't drag at all, mostly XC style racing and riding.

Last, is my diagnosis correct on my throttle issue?

Thanks gents.

·
Registered
989 Posts
how long has it been since you changed your oil???and what type of oil are you using?

try using some rottella in the white bottle and see if that does anything

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how long has it been since you changed your oil???and what type of oil are you using?

try using some rottella in the white bottle and see if that does anything
I'm good on tranny oil, change about every 3-4 rides. Im using wet clutch safe oil... Valvoline

·
Registered
989 Posts
when parked in gear does it creap at all? or when kicking it over in gear does it move forward

or when letting clutch out does it grab all of a sudden?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when parked in gear does it creap at all? or when kicking it over in gear does it move forward

or when letting clutch out does it grab all of a sudden?
Yes, when parked in gear it will creep also slight movement if trying to kick over while in gear. It will kick but you can feel its not 100% free.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Just to make sure I understand, what do you mean by bogging? To me bogging means the motor does not rev and the bike does not accelerate. Slipping, to me, means the motor will rev but the bike will not accelerate, or accelerate slowly. In my experience a little creep is common when starting as the plates are still head together by oil. This viscosity will cause it to creep. Once started the plates will separate, and then should not creep if the clutch is pulled in.

Could be a tuning issue that is causing your issue. Is this bogging issue something that has newly developed?

Best Regards
-Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts