Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I am new to the forum. I am a 250r collector and Honda nut. I was wondering if anybody has ridden or seen upclose a Service Honda 250r. It puts out 50 Hp at the rear wheel and only weights 310 dry!

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
if ya mean the very creative (not really) 400ex based machine ...its BS IMO

·
Registered
206 Posts
what i think they should do is put the cr motor in a 450r frame instead of a 400ex frame. it would make it a little better. but still no where near as goods as a real R.

·
Registered
190 Posts
installing a trx250r engine is the way to go. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you would be better of with the CR engine in a 250R frame. The 400ex isnt as good as the 250Rs frame. A modern 2 stroke engine in a quad frame would be sick though. Id like to have a KTM 250SX quad..that would be sick

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you would be better of with the CR engine in a 250R frame. The 400ex isnt as good as the 250Rs frame. A modern 2 stroke engine in a quad frame would be sick though. Id like to have a KTM 250SX quad..that would be sick

Build it rebel!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
If you are going to all that trouble, might as well build a KTM 300 or 380.

·
Registered
42 Posts
they should get lrd aluminum 250r frames and start putting cr250r motors in them. i could see making more money off that type of machine than a 400ex based quad. i want to see a 250r based quad in the pro production class. when the pro class first switched over some of the big name riders said they felt faster on there old 250rs than the new 4 strokes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Id like to have a KTM 250SX quad..that would be sick

I saw pictures of that. A guy put a KTM 250SX engine into a Polaris Predator. Said he was able to shave something like nearly 100 lbs doing it...no oil tank, battery, starter, smaller rad, lighter motor... Looked sweet too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
well i know that compared to the 450rs the 400ex chassis handle much nicer, and people to crf450/400ex hybrids all the time for the 450 class, but that still doesnt mean its a better chassis than the R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts