Honda TRX250R Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
Carlos,

It was a pleasure speaking with you as well. I bombarded you with questions and you didn't hesitate to answer any of them! I appreciate the time you spent with me on the phone and explaining all the ins and outs of the Saber setup. I've made up my mind, its not a matter of "if" rather "when" I am going to pull the trigger and build a monster 100HP Saber ala BDT!!! Tune in Fellas cause its gonna happen!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'm curious of what the HP and tq is on a puma compared to a saber both with same midrange port job.
The Sabers I have seen in the Northwest when on gas, over heat, when on alky, they gate hard and have no over-rev so its not an easy comparison.

de-stroked sabers have been around for a while, they are nothing new to the single crowd. Calvin from last i recall, was in the process of working on new saber designs 4-5 yrs ago.

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The Sabers we (BDT) are now the sole distributor for are the new design Sabers Calvin had in mind. The castings are now being machined, and should be at BDT within the next 3-4 weeks. Carlos

·
Registered
712 Posts
When some arrive, can you unpackage and post up a few pictures of them?

Pete has one and is about to put it out on the track soon. First thoughts it will run from my old Puma, so hopefully the Honda folks will have a motor that will keep up with some of these wicked Raptor N/A motors.

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We feel the new Saber and Baby Saber cylinders with the new castings/ports is a good improvement over the older versions. We now will have a true MX, Duner, TT, Woods as well a Drag cylinder options. These new cylinders have not been sold to anyone yet, BDT will be the first to offer the new Saber's. All the Saber cylinders are still at CP Industries machine shop facilities as of today.

Carlos

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Update:

Some on you have been asking how the New Saber & 'Baby' Saber castings are coming along; they in the final machining process, Saber's they will come to BDT in a 'Raw' state, and all the final Porting & Machining will be done at BDT or by the builder that purchases the 'Raw' castings from BDT.

Note the 'Baby' Sabers (85, 86 and 89 MM) will be the only ones 100% finished at BDT...this includes Porting, Flow, and Nikasil & Diamond Hone. The reason for these being 100% finished at BDT is the special BDT Design of the 'Baby Saber', the precision machining & assembly needed to make these work properly. More details to follow in the coming month or two...

We expect 2-3 more weeks before the castings arrive at BDT.

Carlos

·
Banned
45 Posts
so what did you say the time line is, of when bdt will be the exclusive distributor of pumas and sphinxs also?? wondering so i can plan for my next build.

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
The Saber's, Baby-Saber's aka 'Mini-Tooth' are here at BDT. Being the exclusive Dealer & Home for all Saber cylinders, we have a good stock of cylinders, piston kits rings, and parts to support current Saber owners as well as future Saber customers.

eBay listing: Honda ATC 250R ATC250R R Saber Cylinder Engine CP Industries New bdt Big Bore | eBay We will also be listing all the Saber's on WWW.bdtmotorsports.com tomorrow.

We have two 89 MM 'Baby-Saber's'/'Mini-Tooth's' we are building for two different customers. In the coming months we will detail a Saber build, post pictures, set-up and Dyno runs for everyone on .NET to enjoy.

Carlos

Attachments

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Same price as CP Industries sold them for last 2 years. We have not raised the price structure on Saber's. All cylinders, pistons, rings, heads, domes and supporting Saber parts are in stock ONLY at BDT.

If you need more detail info; call the 'home of the Saber'...BDT Motorsports at 909-466-9152

Carlos

·
Registered
12,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
so the only place to get a piston for a Saber is through BDT?
Depends...see below.

95 & 98mm pistons are not proprietary to the saber, several other CP Industries cylinders also run this size. Can be purchased through any CP dealer.
NO and YES...!

The NO: while any authorized CP Industries dealer can call and order pistons, as long as they are 'HONEST' about the intended use of the 95 & 98 MM piston kit, that is that they are for the Saber cylinder, they will all be directed to BDT Motorsports to purchase either or both 95 or 98 MM pistons kits. Just like they would be directed to BDT to purchase ANY Saber component or kit.

The YES: folks, dealers can be 'DISHONEST' when calling CP Industries and state they are not for the Saber, or as you said they are for "other" CP Industries cylinders, and I am sure they can get CP to sell them a 95 or 98 MM piston kit. Since the price of the 95 & 98 MM piston kits is the same if purchased through BDT or CP Industries, it makes little sense NOT to support the one and ONLY builder (BDT) that stepped up and saved the Saber from extintion, and the ONLY builder that is stepping up and saving a couple of other cylinder kits from a dreaded death or extinction.

Then again; "HONESTY" is a hard pill to swallow for some isn't it? 'DISHONESTY" is the easier path for those that just don't get it or care...!

Carlos

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.