Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Absolutely! The most cost effective way to have a quality brake system is to rebuild what you have.
Loren

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your going through the effort of rebuilding the calipers it makes sense to do the mc's also, that way it's all new. Plus with the rebuild kits only costing around $20 give or take it's well worth it. The mc's are easy to rebuild. When you look up the front mc rebuild kits you'll see there's kits for 86 & kits for 87-89. I have no idea what the difference is other than the 86 specific kit is closer to $40. Both of the front mc's I've rebuilt were 86 & I purchased the 87-89 kits for them & it worked just fine. In fact the original 86 piston, spring & seals I took out were all exactly the same as what came in the Shindy kit for the 87-89.

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
bdt upgrade. switched mi 250rs. way better brake than rebuilt oem.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
add mc. bdt built in spring. no oem spring needed. got it on mi r. atc n trx

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

trx. just bolt on. :)

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

trick brake. bdt the bomb.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

More False information; Shindy does not sell the same products nor does Shindy make anything for Honda, for that matter Honda has sued Shindy 2-3 times that I know (been told) in the last 10 years for I.P. infringement of Honda Hardware…. public records on Japanese I.P.

Agreed…. nothing wrong with properly rebuilt OEM…any Honda 250R OEM product when new, in good used condition, or properly rebuilt is a good choice.

However; don’t think that a new or properly rebuilt rear or front OEM 250R brake system; Calipers, Master Cylinders, or Rotors is as good or breaks as hard as modern-day Brake systems like from a 450R, CRF450 or any other Major Manufacture, OEM 250R brake Components don’t come close to the stopping power of modern brakes. Proven over and over on the Track; in TT, MX, FT and WOODS.

Carlos

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
More False information; Shindy does not sell the same products nor does Shindy make anything for Honda, for that matter Honda has sued Shindy 2-3 times that I know (been told) in the last 10 years for I.P. infringement of Honda Hardware…. public records on Japanese I.P.

Agreed…. nothing wrong with properly rebuilt OEM…any Honda 250R OEM product when new, in good used condition, or properly rebuilt is a good choice.

However; don’t think that a new or properly rebuilt rear or front OEM 250R brake system; Calipers, Master Cylinders, or Rotors is as good or breaks as hard as modern-day Brake systems like from a 450R, CRF450 or any other Major Manufacture, OEM 250R brake Components don’t come close to the stopping power of modern brakes. Proven over and over on the Track; in TT, MX, FT and WOODS.

Carlos
Jeez, sued 2-3 times in the past 10 years, thats pretty hard headed and dumb of them, either way, I think I want to rebuild the oem calipers and get a BDT rear master cylinder, unless the bdt calipers stopping power is significantly better than OEM

·
Registered
455 Posts
rebuild n see. if u want better. get the bdt stuff. brake on a dime.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Registered
368 Posts
To the OP.
I searched for quite a while online and can't find anything regarding a lawsuit filed by Honda against shindy. Also if you want to switch to a crf or trx450r rear master there are plenty of ways to get there. With a few minutes of leg work you can come up with all the parts needed at a fraction of the cost of other sellers. I have a rebuilt crf450 front master cylinder on my sons R and with the adapter, front caliper rebuild including pads, and new braided lines, I have around $200 into it. I removed a completely rebuilt trx250r front master cylinder to install the crf450 master cylinder. I feel no discernable difference in the braking. The only reason I installed the crf master was appearance. In my experience a properly functioning trx250r brake system will lock all 4 on demand.
I also have a brand new crf450 rear master cylinder and adapter that I planned on using on my son's R that I may not use after the lack of any noticable difference in the front. It's entirely up to you what you decide. Shindy makes a quality rebuild kit for several different parts on your quad so no need to fear using shindy. According to the shindy website they are a retail business selling a wide variety of products. You can check them out if you want. Their brake components are advertised as being manufactured by Nissin which is the same company that Honda used for your oem brake components. Shindy Products, Inc. - ATV Replacement Parts
Loren.

Reactions: SandSlinger

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
To the OP.
I searched for quite a while online and can't find anything regarding a lawsuit filed by Honda against shindy. Also if you want to switch to a crf or trx450r rear master there are plenty of ways to get there. With a few minutes of leg work you can come up with all the parts needed at a fraction of the cost of other sellers. I have a rebuilt crf450 front master cylinder on my sons R and with the adapter, front caliper rebuild including pads, and new braided lines, I have around $200 into it. I removed a completely rebuilt trx250r front master cylinder to install the crf450 master cylinder. I feel no discernable difference in the braking. The only reason I installed the crf master was appearance. In my experience a properly functioning trx250r brake system will lock all 4 on demand.
I also have a brand new crf450 rear master cylinder and adapter that I planned on using on my son's R that I may not use after the lack of any noticable difference in the front. It's entirely up to you what you decide. Shindy makes a quality rebuild kit for several different parts on your quad so no need to fear using shindy. According to the shindy website they are a retail business selling a wide variety of products. You can check them out if you want. Their brake components are advertised as being manufactured by Nissin which is the same company that Honda used for your oem brake components. Shindy Products, Inc. - ATV Replacement Parts
Loren.
Thanks Loren, I just ordered the rebuild kits for my master cylinders, and my calipers, I went and bought a BDT rear master cylinder as well, im sure it will work better than the oem one.

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Always looking to discredit, always the negative, and never admit or give props to BDT; typical hater-jealous clown.

"I searched for quite a while online and can't find anything regarding a lawsuit filed by Honda against shindy"....LOL
Try searching Japanese Judicial Lawsuits, in JP under JP court of law for adjudication, IP….(Intellectual Property Infringements). Then again you wouldn’t have a clue how….

Carlos

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Thanks Loren, I just ordered the rebuild kits for my master cylinders, and my calipers, I went and bought a BDT rear master cylinder as well, im sure it will work better than the oem one.
Perfect choice; let me know if you need any assistance installing or adjusting, specially bleeding can be tricky sometimes.

Carlos

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah so I searched the Japanese intellectual property High Court database and used the search function on the site. Using "Honda" "Shindy" and "Nissin". Came up with nothing! Maybe post up a link to back up your claims?
Seriously bud, I was not attacking anyone. Simply stating that I searched the database and came up with nothing!
Loren

·
Registered
455 Posts
4 what?. buy what u like. all this picking @ bdt is bull.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Registered
368 Posts
I agree. Buy what you like! I never said not to buy from anyone. I just gave the OP some of my observations based on research and experience. I can't be blamed for someone having a tantrum and name calling.
Loren

·
Registered
455 Posts
dude. ur the trouble. lighten up on bdt.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did I mention any names? No I did not! Did I insult anyone? No I did not!
Have a fantastic day matuus.
Loren

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Posts with insinuations that Shindy makes or sells the same parts as Honda, or that Nissin makes the same parts for Shindy as they do Honda; they do not…this is total utter misinformation, it is based on assumptions, and not facts. It is also the same misinformation some post stating Koyo bearings are the same as Honda bearings; again, they are not.

Honda has their own drawings, specifications, material callouts and tolerances that their products are made to, regardless of the manufacturing house. One of the lawsuits dealt with infringement and no licensing agreement from Honda.

A very good example is Koyo bearings; you will read everywhere how Honda bearings are the same as Koyo since they are made (for the most part) by Koyo, however; while they may be the same size, and even have 8 balls like the CR500R Honda main bearings, Honda bearings are specifically made to Honda specifications only. The Honda specifications call out for a different material for the inner & outer races, balls and retainers, as well as different processing such as Heat-Treated Inner Ball retainers, and how the retainers are processed…this differences are not found on the Koyo versions.

The point I am making is not to say Shindy or Koyo are bad products, they are good products, however; they are not Honda (same as) products, not even close. Buy what you like, however; don’t believe any of the insinuations & misinformation being posted that you can get the same quality & performance from an off brand made at Nissin or Koyo.

Carlos

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your above rant has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I never claimed nor insinuated anything. Do yourself a favor and read through my statements again. Then once you realize how foolish you are being I will gladly accept your apology.
Loren

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Why does every thread have to turn into this?
It was going good for the most part, but then this kinda happened, either way, I think most brands are good, and I definently agree with buying what works for yourself, im still kinda new to having a 250r, hell, im still new to even having a full size quad, ive only had mine for about a year, but the forums have definently been a really big help.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts