Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brakes are starting to go out, so does anyone have any recommendations or links for what I should buy?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't do streamline rotors, I've been waiting since I placed a order in june for some. Atv galaxy keeps saying 2 weeks from streamline, still nothing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't do streamline rotors, I've been waiting since I placed a order in june for some. Atv galaxy keeps saying 2 weeks from streamline, still nothing.
Okay, so if you had to go with a set of rotors and calipers, what would u get?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would personally rebuild the oem calipers and replace the rotors only if you had to. Rockymountain has galfer and tusk rotors for a decent price.

·
Registered
455 Posts
bdt upgrade. switched mi 250rs. way better brake than rebuilt oem.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
add mc. bdt built in spring. no oem spring needed. got it on mi r. atc n trx

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Registered
455 Posts
trx. just bolt on. :)

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Registered
455 Posts

trick brake. bdt the bomb.

bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

·
Super Moderator
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rebuild your oem calipers & master cylinders with Shindy rebuild kits & get some nice braided lines & only replace your rotor's if needed like the norm said. You'll have under $300 into the entire brake system doing that. Did that to 2 of my R's & the oem brakes work amazing when there fresh.

·
Registered
365 Posts
It's very hard to beat 250R calipers especially after they were rebuilt with oem parts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There a Japanese company that make repair parts for numerous machines. From my understanding they make the brake & carb rebuild kits for Honda & than Honda marks up the price once their name goes on the package. I've used 6 caliper rebuilds, 4 mc rebuilds & 8 carb rebuilds all from Shindy & haven't had any problems with any of them. Top quality stuff: trx250r shindy for sale | eBay

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay, so the sound thats coming from all of my brakes, is like a grinding metal sound, how do I fix that? I'm not sure what it is, my rear brakes also haven't been blead in a long time

·
Registered
365 Posts
Probably your brake pads are shot and you are grinding the metal backer against the rotor

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you decide to do a full rebuild you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner. OEM brakes work very well. I'll be rebuilding a full set of OEM brakes for my 3rd R over this winter.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I also have 3 sets for trx250r's and 2 sets for atc250r's to do over the winter.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts