Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ATC250r is revving unexpectedly without warning. It‘s only done it twice on 2 separate occasions but seems to return to normal when riding back to the truck... and I checked for air leaks everywhere. The kill switch kills it so I don’t think it’s “glow plugging“ or anything like that but it is scary as hell and happened at some bad times so it’s parked for now until I figure things out. When it does it, it revs but not to the moon or a full rev but actually stutters, so I’m not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
12,963 Posts
My ATC250r is revving unexpectedly without warning. It‘s only done it twice on 2 separate occasions but seems to return to normal when riding back to the truck... and I checked for air leaks everywhere. The kill switch kills it so I don’t think it’s “glow plugging“ or anything like that but it is scary as hell and happened at some bad times so it’s parked for now until I figure things out. When it does it, it revs but not to the moon or a full rev but actually stutters, so I’m not sure what is going on.
Leak down test should be 4-6 psi for 6-8 minutes with an acceptable loss of -1 psi every 5 minutes. Even if you saw a loss of -2 psi over 5 minutes, while you should address the leak, it will not cause the engine to rev unexpectedly.

Check your slide and needle seat, make sure the cable is tight to the holder & slide. Make sure the plastic keeper with rib is fully engaged, rib into the cable holder slot.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts