Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently attempting to install a Trail Tech Vapor on my 86 TRX 250R. One of the things I have to do is drain the fluid from the radiator. I just want to be safe and ask if they require any specific type of fluid. And I also have to get brake fluid so is there any specific type for that as well? Still sorta new to 250Rs so I just want to be very careful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
So I'm currently attempting to install a Trail Tech Vapor on my 86 TRX 250R. One of the things I have to do is drain the fluid from the radiator. I just want to be safe and ask if they require any specific type of fluid. And I also have to get brake fluid so is there any specific type for that as well? Still sorta new to 250Rs so I just want to be very careful.

Thanks!

Not familiar with a trail tech vapor, but Honda recommends conventional green silicate anti-freeze mixed 50/50 with distilled water.

Honda recommends DOT 4 brake fluid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look into it. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Not familiar with a trail tech vapor, but Honda recommends conventional green silicate anti-freeze mixed 50/50 with distilled water.

Honda recommends DOT 4 brake fluid.
So the HOnda silicate free stuff is a no go? I have some silicate free honda coolant, IIRC, left from when I had my CRF450. Maybe I should buy some regular green from wally world, that contains silicates?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Most coolants these days are cross comparable with all types of systems and radiator material. I run amsoil coolant in everything I own. Its comparable with all radiators and it does great for dropping temps a few degrees. I've used it in a couple of vehicles I have had troubles keeping cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts