Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what an adjustable stator timing plate accomplishes, but what is the purpose of a Racing Counter Balance Holder with timing plate...do you adjust it at the same advance as the stator timing plate so as to sync the firing point to the counter weight?...can someone please explain what its purpose is?..thanks guys...

·
Registered
384 Posts
u need bdt adjust cb holder.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just advances the timing.more timing more upper power.
Ok...maybe I'm confused, the stator adjustable timing plate adjusts your firing timing + or -, I got that and I have one set at +5°, but the counter balancer adjustment, is a different item correct?...or am I just looking through cobwebs here?😬😛

·
Registered
288 Posts
The only way I know of to adjust the timing of the counter balance is to clock the drive gear....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I figured, I thought perhaps the adjustable timing for the counterbalancer was to clock the gear at the same time as the fire point of the ign timing...ok..thanks bro...

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
you don't change where the gear is on the counterballancer.not advancing gear for balance.just moving the pick up on the stator side to advance the timing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
No problem Sandmaniac. Playing with the timing of the counter balance could lead to disaster.

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
I know what an adjustable stator timing plate accomplishes, but what is the purpose of a Racing Counter Balance Holder with timing plate...do you adjust it at the same advance as the stator timing plate so as to sync the firing point to the counter weight?...can someone please explain what its purpose is?..thanks guys...
Don't "clock" or change the CB from the factory set point; it will not adjust the timing, it will through your balance off. Possibly some confusion here; the adjustable CB Holder is the only 'Simple" way to adjust timing...their are other more complex methods.

Now on a CR250R IGN; we have the stator plate that can be adjusted either way.

Carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts