Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling an 86 TRX 250r. I've owned this bike since 1999. I have no idea what I ever did with the title. I've read bikes built after 2006 don't even need them. I've had it registered as per NV Dept of off road vehicle requirements...had the vin # inspection...but I was wondering if I'd get a replacement title through off road vehicles or the lousy ass normal DMV? Any thoughts appreciated

·
Registered
433 Posts
Here in Oregon atv's have the same titles as vehicles registered through the DMV . I purchased an R up in Washington that had an Arizona title also issued by the DMV. Not sure about other states but at least here you don't need a title to ride on public lands but you do have to have an offroad permit & all you need to obtain that is a vin number.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in Oregon atv's have the same titles as vehicles registered through the DMV . I purchased an R up in Washington that had an Arizona title also issued by the DMV. Not sure about other states but at least here you don't need a title to ride on public lands but you do have to have an offroad permit & all you need to obtain that is a vin number.
Sounds like about the same as NV....just give em money and they don't worry about much else 😄

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't know what state you are in, but one time I needed one for a MI Atv and they just went to the DMV and got a new title, at the time I think it took 2-4 weeks, so if you want it, might be more the way things are going. But probably worthwhile, $15-30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts