Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 PSI 425 cylinders forinthe raw form. You can port to your desire..these cylinders have never been ran...decided to go a different route..I'm asking $800.00 per cylinder. Bryan Patterson 208-312-7237 thank you
Resized_20200903_185028_01.jpeg

·
Registered
569 Posts
nah. hard sell. no piston. head dome. no parts 4 $800.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Two PSI New cylinders; yes, they are "pretty cool", and as Matuus alluded to; a hard sell since the kits are incomplete.

These are really collector items, hopefully someone pics them up and puts them to good use.

Carlos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two PSI New cylinders; yes, they are "pretty cool", and as Matuus alluded to; a hard sell since the kits are incomplete.

These are really collector items, hopefully someone pics them up and puts them to good use.

Carlos
Carlos....I have read alot of stuff on here what to do to make this work....in your opinion if a guy had cylinder heads to make these work what would you do to make these come alive?? What would you do for a piston,and rod ??? All the measures to make this reliable strong engines???

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Carlos....I have read alot of stuff on here what to do to make this work....in your opinion if a guy had cylinder heads to make these work what would you do to make these come alive?? What would you do for a piston,and rod ??? All the measures to make this reliable strong engines???
Those are nice cylinders, old school PSI…. for some these are a collector’s dream.

One issue is no heads, domes or piston kits to make just like PSI had or intended years ago. If they were at BDT, I would make a custom spacer plate, de-stroke or stroke the crankshaft (can go either way depending on the PSI cylinder cast setup, they made a couple of different versions), find the correct rod (size, length of rod).

Then by matching the proper rod & stroke, custom spacer plate, proper porting & dome/head design (would need to make these from Billet) and using a currently available Piston kit, you can bore and send to Nikasil Plating, then Diamond hone to size.

You can set the PSI’s up to be a real nice running engine; at BDT we have built 3 of these over the past 4-5 years.

Carlos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts