Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got myself a 250r this summer and unintentionally ended up rebuilding it basically from the ground up. The engine was totally stripped, powdercoated candy blue, and totally rebuilt. The frame is currently totally disassembled and the frame, along with swing arm, a-arms, radiator shrouds, exhaust, hubs, rims, and throttle cover are all going in to get coated tomorrow. I am getting the exhaust ceramic coated "high luster silver", the frame red, and I'm not totally sure on the rest. I will be buying full maier plastics, putting on new brake pads, putting new bearings in the rear carrier and the steering stem, possibly getting a radiator hose kit, and probably a few other odds and ends that i cant think of at the moment. So, before i start getting this thing back together after a wait that was longer than anticipated, is there anything else i should get done while its all apart? Any suggestions appreciated.

edit: I also got the rear shock rebuilt and am planning on buying new shocks for the front. Planning on fox floats. Good shock or would something else be better?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts