Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will stock 450r suspension work on an 86 250r frame or will it mess the handling up bad? Looking for suspension and figures this could be a cheaper route

·
Registered
886 Posts
Fronts on 450 are longer so jack front end up unless do some work to them, they seem to work better on extended arms as far as drop in. Don't mean people still don't use. 450 shocks still somewhat pricey
400ex fronts do a awesome job. Little longer but softer and cheaper. I think good drop in difference..
If interested in some let me know

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am in process of selling my 250r oem shocks and swapping in some new ones had considered 450r bc the resi.. BUT id like to stay with the stock A-Arms will that work with the 400ex shocks if so , i would assume the 4 stroke model atv shocks would have a heavier spring rate .. i am 203lbs and when i sit on the quad it drops inches with the oems

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Will stock 450r suspension work on an 86 250r frame or will it mess the handling up bad? Looking for suspension and figures this could be a cheaper route
A few years ago I did the swap and it was pricey!
Springs dual rate $189
Cut 2 shafts $75 a piece
and rebuild with new seals $125
After those 450R shocks were modified for my 250R they were very good shocks on my 86 TRX 250R! Eventually I got rid of those 450R shocks because I could not pass up a set of custom axis shocks!
Please do not put or use those shocks without cutting those shafts on 450R shocks! You will not have any travel if you mount those 450R shocks on your 250R!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts