Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an ESR 310 prox kit on my bike. This past weekend the rod bearing let go and tore up the whole engine. I thought it went lean at first but then took it apart and saw the destruction of bearing bits come up from the bottom end and chew up everything (piston,head,cylinder). Anyway long story short I want to get a new OEM crank but there are only long rods available. On the ESR website they say that with a long rod you have to use a spacer plate, but I dont want to, I was wondering why I couldn't use the long rod crank with an 87-89 piston and no spacer? The only thing I could think of would be if the big bore piston were only available in 86 style? Also, the new bore will put me at the max of 73.5mm for the 310 kit. How bad is that? Lastly, if I sent the cylinder to C-Leigh how long is the turnaround for a new bore job? What about with porting?(it has a TRX7 job on it now) Thank!! and sorry for the long post

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
I replyed to your post on atvriders & your other post here & the new model piston will work, I've done it & not so long ago.

I can do bore jobs but I must get the piston myself. I've done them in the past & let the customer supply the piston & had to many that sent the wrong size piston, so for sake of time I need to get them myself so they will be the right size.
Bore & fit new pistons 60.00
Porting takes me around 3 to 4 days normally per cylinder, I take my time & turn out good work, I dont do generic port jobs & each one is custom to what the customer wants & can use.
Porting price starts at 250.00 & higher priced the closer you get to drag porting.
250.00 is starting price for one if its been ported some or not any at all.
Turn around time will vary depending on work load at the time yours is recived, latest its ever been was like 3 weeks though.
Neil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I really want to send the cylinder to you, but how do I contact you? Also, I am 99% sure that im going to need to go the next size (73.5mm) so how much am I looking at for the piston? I think I'm going to go with the 86 style with a spacer plate because of the increased low end and long lasting motors... On another note, what if I supplied the new crank and crank bearings, would you be able to assemble the motor for me including the top end with new piston? ( I would take off stator side and clutch side accessories) How much would I be looking at for that type of work? Thanks again....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts