Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the predator brand front shocks that are on ebay??
Just curious if they are any good and if they are easy to replace the front shocks?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Personally I'd have a hard time putting cheap chinese shocks like that on my R. That doesn't mean they won't work but I'd be concerned about getting replacement parts or even finding a reputable shock service company that would be willing to actually rebuild them when they need it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The RFY shocks don't look terrible but there's some real crap out there. I'm not familiar with the Predator ones though.

I was trying to find a picture I had seen where they sliced a shock open and found the remote reservoir wasn't real, I couldn't find that pic but I did find this one...

0xxwnXP.jpg

·
Registered
279 Posts
LoL. I was thinking the same thing. I remembered seeing that pic somewhere. Glad you posted that. Beware, it’s cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I'm going toi give them a try and see if they are better than the stock front shocks of an 86 R. I would think they would be better but i will update and let you know.
if they are not worth a shit I will upgrade them to either FOX or Elka's . ......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts