Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a powder coating guy 20 mins from me with really good reviews and comes highly recommended, so I sent him some pics and asked him his prices.

I wanted the frame coated white and the swingarm red, he told me that requires blasting the frame and swinger down to bare and coating them.
He gave me a price of $450 for the frame and $150 for the swingarm, seems a little high but I know prices are only going up.

Never had a frame or swinger done before but is this what I should expect to pay?
I’m in NJ by the way

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a powder coating guy 20 mins from me with really good reviews and comes highly recommended, so I sent him some pics and asked him his prices.

I wanted the frame coated white and the swingarm red, he told me that requires blasting the frame and swinger down to bare and coating them.
He gave me a price of $450 for the frame and $150 for the swingarm, seems a little high but I know prices are only going up.

Never had a frame or swinger done before but is this what I should expect to pay?
I’m in NJ by the way
I paid $300 for my frame in las Vegas. Did a very good job. Sandblasting is normal as well. I've got around $1100 in powder coating. I've done many other parts. If the work is good I don't haggle price unless it's completely ridiculous. 450 is not completely ridiculous

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sounds right with sandblasting and most want to sandblast themselves so know what finished product is gonna be

·
Registered
492 Posts
That's the going rate. I have a friend who quit a great paying job to powder coat full time on his own. Business is good!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I’m in nyc as stated before most guys want to do the sandblasting so they can stand behind the work.My last frame cost me $350 and swingarm between $100-150 I can’t recall.i use action powder coating on Long Island..

·
Registered
477 Posts
The most important thing before the price is the quality of their work..You’d hate to start assembling your quad and it starts flaking off by just tapping it during assembly..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got quoted 250 for my frame with a standard color 350 for a candy color since more coats are involved. It’ll be under 500 for me. Swing arm, hubs , frame and knuckles

·
Registered
36 Posts
By the way it only takes 25 min to sandblast these frames. Some shops charge a minimum 1 hr fee but some will only charge the time spent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts