Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an extra head which I am thinking about selling as I do not need it. The guy a got it from said it was a 295cc head. It came with a frame and a pile of other parts as well. Please tell me anything you can about this. My plan is to put it into the For Sale section as soon as I find something out. The sleeve has one side where there is a scuff down it where it must have had a problem. It is not too deep but most likely needs to be bored.

What is the market value on this?
There is also an FTZ reed cage, what is that worth?

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Never seen one with those extra ports added to the bottom of the jug that go to the transfers. Looks very similar to what Passion racing does to banshee jugs. Should be worth something but I couldn't tell ya how much. I see people on ebay that want crazy prices for jugs. The ftz reed cage is pretty much the same as a boyesen rad valve.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Post a picture of the top of the cylinder, without the head in place as well as a picture of the head & dome area. Hard to tell, however; it looks like a 295CC, however; if that is what it is, then dome shape is wrong.

As far as the added ports...the cases get matched as well and nothing good came from this type of Modification. Old-old stuff tried back in 85...actaully hurts performance, does not help. Again a good example of 'more or bigger is better' philosophy that does not work.

Carlos

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never seen one with those extra ports added to the bottom of the jug that go to the transfers. Looks very similar to what Passion racing does to banshee jugs. Should be worth something but I couldn't tell ya how much. I see people on ebay that want crazy prices for jugs. The ftz reed cage is pretty much the same as a boyesen rad valve.
Thats a Rob Selvy style port job. Selvy does those boost ports on all his ATC250Rs...he's been doing those for decades and he's a master porting guy...Selvy is an ol'skool guy from here in Cali...he's currently doing the jug for my 87 Big Reed Zilla 540cc powerplant...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts