Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,861 Posts
Hold on...that Plug is anything but "Rich" (unless the lighting is off)....it's a bit lean IMO. Band not dark enough or tall enough. You also need more pictures for a more accurate determination. Prior to cutting body off; take pictures of strap, top ring of Plug threads, ect...

Carlos

·
Super Moderator
2,276 Posts
699DEF5E-59C4-459C-AB5D-3B1797157715.jpeg In my opinion that plug is lean! I have chopped over 2 dozen plugs dialing my 420 in. Where is the “caramel” color? That plug is virtually white!

Here is mine for reference and it’s dialed in perfect! I could probably lean it up just a tad more but the bike is so responsive and rips to high hell!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
67.50 bore boysen reeds aluminum air box no lid k and n filter pro circuit platinum pipe and silencer 35 mm pwk br8 plug 700 ft above s.l.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
And how many pulls should I do on a plug before chopping

One. Get your bike warm. Ride it somewhere you have a nice long stretch. Stop the bike pull plug out, put a fresh plug in. Start the bike and run it to 5/6 wide open and hold it for 5-10 seconds. Pull the clutch, hit the kill switch. Roll to a stop. Pull the plug. Put the old plug, you rode out there with back in. Go home. Cut the threads off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
50-60 degrees right now

Well, wait for Carlos to help you. Apparently, I’m wrong and can’t see.

The top plug mike posted looks like it’s been ridden on for quite some time and the bottom looks pretty rich to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts