Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals hopeing to find help i got a 86 trx 250r with esr 330 kit cool head,I replaced the orings 3 times now thinking i put them in wrong
but after the 3rd try still getting antefreez spitting out the exhaust not a lot just enough to see on the case below the exhaust flange,
it is coming from the exhaust port i can see it spray when motor is reved, not coming from exhaust bolt holes,anybody heard of such a thing
any help is greatly apreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I know some of the BB cyl had the exhaust flange hole drilled into the waterjacket, somthing is really warped or the orings are wrong you have?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i would say there is a cracked water jacket in the head... have you try putting a different head, preferably a stock head back on the motor? was the head used when you bought it?? sounds like the coolant is leaking into the head and being ejected with your exhaust on the exhaust stroke... do you have more info..
i could be wrong..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no extra heads it runs really strong no problems just worried to take it to the dunes or somewhere and overheat or blow it up but its tempting,the orings fit perfect in the cylinder,the esr cool head looks clean no cracks,new piston and rings,one guy said maybe coming from between the sleeve and jug being my last bore maybe,just frustrated,maybe my head is warped i guess ill take it off again and check that

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Try squirting some high temp silicone in exhaust flange bolt holes before bolting it on. Maybe they are drilled to deep as Pantera suggested.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Second That.... Exhaust bolt holes are known to leak in the older kits... Clean em and seal em good during assembly.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hello guys and gals hopeing to find help i got a 86 trx 250r with esr 330 kit cool head,I replaced the orings 3 times now thinking i put them in wrong
but after the 3rd try still getting antefreez spitting out the exhaust not a lot just enough to see on the case below the exhaust flange,
it is coming from the exhaust port i can see it spray when motor is reved, not coming from exhaust bolt holes,anybody heard of such a thing
any help is greatly apreciated thanks
NEW ESR cylinder castings (the ones we have seen in the past 3-12 months) have been leaking through the exhaust flange threaded holes (mostly top hole, some all 3 holes) into the pipe, some cylinders have been leaking through the sleeve at the casting and some through the head studs. If you have an ESR cylinder leakage issue, you need to contact them for a resolution.

Carlos.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am so grateful I decided not to buy an ESR cylinder or head 9 months ago. First the problem with piston clearences now the screw drilled through the water jacket, what next?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks guys I will contact them my cylinder
Is about 6 years old,the guy I bought it from melted the piston with wrong cdi in it
I sent my cylinder in to a well known shop to do the machine work
Witch leads me to belive there's a crack in water jacket around exhaust
Port anyways on the way to dunes ill find out if it grenades
Hope not if so I guess its a new cylinder and so on
Let u all know Sunday thanks for ur time and advise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts