Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PlanetSand Fastest On The Planet (Not The Keyboard) April 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th 2013

fotpflyer2013.jpg

The 8th Annual Fastest on the Planet will be held in Bakersfield, CA at the Kern County Fairgrounds April 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th 2013, this is the Premier Event of the Year, where the fastest racers in the world compete.

For information on the Central Valley Sportsmens Attractions visit http://www.calshows.com

MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

This is where you EARN titles like: "SIMPLY THE BEST" "BETTER THAN THE REST" :D

5 month countdown Till then :cool:

Come watch the action, Who's gonna show?

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
It is time for our customers to show up when they are ready, we will support them...and like I said before; Erik & Jack have picked the middle to the end of 2013 to have their builds complete. Win or Loose, this is worth a lot more to me than a dedicated Drag bike owned & maintained by a Builder or associated directly to a Builder. Plus ATV Drag Racing is dead, it makes little sense for BDTM to build a dedicated drag ATV, it does make ALL the sense to let our customers participate in any Drag event they choose, on their time frame, and for us (BDTM) to support them 110%, and we will.

Since Planet Sand or a similar venue does not exist for mid to late 2013...we will be building Erik & Jack's Puma & Sphynx as Asphalt Drag ATV's, we will schedule a Drag event to be held around September to October 2013 at Irwindale Speedway-Drag Strip. This will be part of a Drag Race already scheduled at the strip; we just need to pick the date. Therefore, very soon we will set a firm date and time, it will be a Asphalt Drag event, the clearest type of Drag racing to showcase ultimate HP and who the BEST engine builder is...Plan on attending and we can put all this 'chest pumping' to rest.

Carlos

·
Registered
712 Posts
Asphalt...course, I don't run asphalt, so you now want to....just another way to avoid racing some of the fastest Honda's in the country...have at it Ace.

BTW, They run Asphalt for ATV's on Wednesday nights at Portland International Raceway (PIR), but to date, and this includes the past 5 years I have been going to watch, I have never seen a Honda 250R run...EVER

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Asphalt...course, I don't run asphalt, so you now want to....just another way to avoid racing some of the fastest Honda's in the country...have at it Ace.

BTW, They run Asphalt for ATV's on Wednesday nights at Portland International Raceway (PIR), but to date, and this includes the past 5 years I have been going to watch, I have never seen a Honda 250R run...EVER
How about an Asphalt Race in Irwindale and one in Portland? Only fair...if you don't run Asphalt, maybe you should or have someone pilot your ATV, or do you want to have Erick & Jack race only your type of racing? Their are some fast Honda 250R's that run Asphalt across the country, I do believe some of these would show up if the event was advetized, and a significant Prize purse was in place...

You guys crack me up, you want to only race what you have tuned your quad/trike for the past years, and you want this to happen in 3-4 months, and it can not be anything other than what your ride is set for, yet; you expect my customers to cater to your date and type of racing, need to compromise here, otherwise it will never happen.

Carlos

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Erik runs the Hill on a stock OEM Frame with a +12" swingarm, not a very controllable set-up. Erik has a Rigid Frame on order, and would be a much better & controllable ride, or do you call a fair race a 100HP Puma on a Stock Frame with a +12" swingarm...I KNOW you know the answer is NO.

Carlos

·
Registered
712 Posts
Erik runs the Hill on a stock OEM Frame with a +12" swingarm, not a very controllable set-up. Erik has a Rigid Frame on order, and would be a much better & controllable ride, or do you call a fair race a 100HP Puma on a Stock Frame with a +12" swingarm...I KNOW you know the answer is NO.

Carlos
Brad runs a 3 wheeler killer....small motor, and with only 1 wheel up front, when he runs, his track distance is usually 320' because his bike is ALL over the lane...but man that fool can ride

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Brad runs a 3 wheeler killer....small motor, and with only 1 wheel up front, when he runs, his track distance is usually 320' because his bike is ALL over the lane...but man that fool can ride
I believe Brad can ride, not questioning who can ride or not. If a Trike Drag race is what you and Brad want (along with the TRX), I can make it happen on Asphalt...Jack can ride a Trike like a pro, he has indicated he wanted his Sphynx in a Trike as a Drag bike, I talked him out of it into a TRX aftermarket frame...I am sure Jack would love to see the Spynx in a Trike set-up for Asphalt.

Carlos

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can tell you this. This thread is for you Carlos, you can either back up your claims or not by showing up. You wanted "organized" and said "PS" so there it is. Not interested in excuses or long posts or any other BS that the other threads turned into. Now that its out there, its up to you what you do with it. You want the respect, come and get it. Plenty of people run stock frames, or whatever the next excuse is. I run a rigid trike frame, not a secret and certainly not the ideal candidate for a drag frame, Nevertheless, I don't make excuses, I get motivated.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
I can tell you this. This thread is for you Carlos, you can either back up your claims or not by showing up. You wanted "organized" and said "PS" so there it is. Not interested in excuses or long posts or any other BS that the other threads turned into. Now that its out there, its up to you what you do with it. You want the respect, come and get it. Plenty of people run stock frames, or whatever the next excuse is. I run a rigid trike frame, not a secret and certainly not the ideal candidate for a drag frame, Nevertheless, I don't make excuses, I get motivated.
I would love to see my customers race anyone that wants to race on the Drag strip; Sand, Hill or Asphalt (does not matter to me), what I will not do is force them to race when they are not ready to race.

Mid to end of 2013, Aspahalt Drags, or a Planet Sand (or similar) event...

Carlos

·
Banned
565 Posts
I will be there, hopefully they have a slow class for me. never ran a PS Event so not sure how they break down classes. I'll be happy if I get in the 4.xx. Last time I ran it was a 5.2x and hopefully I will be bringing a little more this time(or lose some wieght, 240lbs and fast does not = .

I will be camping at the track along with a couple of other guys, hoping to meet some of ya.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0-370
371-475
476+

Plus the bracket class and usually index too. You should be able to enter at least 3 classes if you want to.

Look forward to meeting ya and checking out the rides!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
0-370
371-475
476+

Plus the bracket class and usually index too. You should be able to enter at least 3 classes if you want to.

Look forward to meeting ya and checking out the rides!!
The record for under 475 cc.....did you ever notice it. We'd shatter it :)

the problem with classes is, it limits myself from running Packard. Anybody that thinks they are fast should all measure themselves up to Packard, he has been the class leader or close to it since the beginning. His Saber is flat nasty.

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Didn't the guy from Deafman Chassis win the last 2 times or 1 out of the last 2 times this event took place, not Packard.

Carlos

·
Registered
712 Posts
Didn't the guy from Deafman Chassis win the last 2 times or 1 out of the last 2 times this event took place, not Packard.

Carlos
Honestly, I don't know. I have stopped following PS events in the past year because its gone to hell. What I do know, is that Packard only travels to one event a year for sure, and thats to Gilbert with his buddies at K&T. I called Dennis and invited him to DF this year, and he almost came. If I would have called just a couple wks earlier, I think he would have made the trip. Its certainly not money, as he has ALOT, but his kids are busy with their own lives now, that he just does not enjoy it as much these days. So I would like to say, whomever has been winning the single classes, congrads to them for going and representing.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts