Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I rode there once. Christmas 1995. Rented a 300EX from B.J.'s. They had just sold all their 250Rs I think. I live in Ohio and the guy at the counter was like, "Now it's not like where you're from where if it looks flat it really is. Here it can look flat but all of a sudden there can be a drop off. So you have to kind of flow and follow the terrain." I didn't know what he was talking about. So I get out there and just pin it going through the gears like I was in an Ohio soybean field right after harvest. It was a lot less rough and bumpy that day than it is in this video so even the stock 300EX suspension felt smooth. I'm riding along and all of a sudden the thing shuts off and the bars are mashed down in the clamps. I've stopped. I had just flown off of a 15-foot drop-off. And yup I had to go down all 5 gears to start it up again. I was totally shook up for about 15 minutes. Rode like the guy said after that. Also clutch-dump wheelied some kid's Blaster out of a hole to get it unstuck for her.

It looks a lot bigger than when I was there. I think there was something about beach grass that had a lot of it closed at that time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rode there once. Christmas 1995. Rented a 300EX from B.J.'s. They had just sold all their 250Rs I think. I live in Ohio and the guy at the counter was like, "Now it's not like where you're from where if it looks flat it really is. Here it can look flat but all of a sudden there can be a drop off. So you have to kind of flow and follow the terrain." I didn't know what he was talking about. So I get out there and just pin it going through the gears like I was in an Ohio soybean field right after harvest. It was a lot less rough and bumpy that day than it is in this video so even the stock 300EX suspension felt smooth. I'm riding along and all of a sudden the thing shuts off and the bars are mashed down in the clamps. I've stopped. I had just flown off of a 15-foot drop-off. And yup I had to go down all 5 gears to start it up again. I was totally shook up for about 15 minutes. Rode like the guy said after that. Also clutch-dump wheelied some kid's Blaster out of a hole to get it unstuck for her.

It looks a lot bigger than when I was there. I think there was something about beach grass that had a lot of it closed at that time.
LOL same thing almost happen to but I was able to hold on. You really need to be alert there.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sweet. I used to ride there all the time when I lived in Santa Barbara in the early 2000s. I make it back every now and then--planning a trip this Spring. I wish it was closer, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts